20

After the girls finish unpacking, they explore the campus. They made sure not to do too much as they didn't want to hurt Grace or the baby in any way. Over the next few days, the girls all get familiar with the layout of the campus. Elena and Caroline had managed to fill the mini fridge in their room with blood packs. They wanted to be prepared for when Damon turned Grace back into a vampire.

It was just before class on Wednesday with Alaric, without Grace knowing still, and she gets a call from her younger brother Jeremy.

"Hey little bro. What's up?" She asks.

"Hey. Not much. Just called to check on my pregnant sister and to see if she will let me know how my girlfriend is." He says.

"Well, I am fine. The baby is fine too. We were all just about to leave for class. Bonnie is doing fine. She misses you though." Grace says as Bonnie tells her to

After a few more minutes on the phone, they both finally hang up and the girls try rushing Grace to class even though they would be half an hour early.

"Come on. We need to get to class early to get the good seats." Elena says.

They all laugh and finally make it to class. As they walk in, arms wrap around Grace's belly from the back. Grace immediately figures out who it was just by the simple touch and she turns around.

"What are you doing here? Not that I'm not glad you are, I am, but. Confused." Grace says as she looks into Alaric's loving eyes.

"I got a job offer. I decided to surprise you. It's only two classes a day so when the baby is born, he will only be here a couple hours and then nap time when I get home." Alaric explains as he tries to get her to agree on the ordeal.

"Okay. I'm fine with this. I get to see you every Wednesday." She says and smiles.

They kiss for a second before the girls go sit down in the front row. The class begins twenty minutes later and all the girls are checking him out. One girl raises her hand as Alaric was having them ask him questions and he would ask them questions so he could get to know his class even though he already knew Caroline, Grace, Elena, and Bonnie.

"Are you single?" The girl asks smirking as she pulls her shirt down.

"No. I actually am not. I have a very beautiful girlfriend, and a baby on the way." He says proudly.

"Well, they don't matter. I think, you deserve a bit of fun. You seem very stressed out. How about you come to my dorm room after class." She says.

"How about he doesn't? He just said he had a girlfriend and a baby on the way. He doesn't want a girl who opens her legs for anyone." Grace says, her hormones definitely kicking in.

"Who are you? Some random girl in the classroom? Who also seems to be pregnant. Who would ever screw and ugly girl like you?" The girl says.

"Hey. Stop it. Enough questions. Let's get started with the lesson." Alaric says.

Grace sits there starting to question why Alaric wanted to be with her. Why he would ever want to be with her in the first place. The questions just kept piling up in her head. She felt all the things were true. That she was ugly. She felt she didn't deserve Alaric, so as she sits there, watching his every move, she wonders how she ever got so lucky enough to have him as hers.