Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Verin's POV

I somehow survived the ride here and yes, I ordered a carriage because I wasn't carrying an unconscious sick werewolf. What am I? A doctor? Of course not! So, at least I was nice enough to get them a ride instead of them carrying each other. I say that was pretty charitable and I'm sure they wouldn't want me carrying them anyways.

"Are we there yet?" whined, who I call, the bitch. "And when you'll ask for my name anyways and my friends?"

"Oh, my, fucking Satan." I snarled angrily. "Can you shut the fuck up for once?"

"Answer me first." She challenged.

"I don't care about your names as you're just an expirement for my insane, scientist slash physcian." I told her firmly. "So shut up and apperciate what I've done for you so far."

She hissed at me before she turned her attention to her sick friend, stroking her hair worriedly and checking her fever. I pointed look away and count to a billion.

Soon I find myself looking at my castle's front doors again. I got out and whistled for the nearest guard which was Louis.

"Hey, Lew. Can you take care of these two? Send the sick one to Uphir and the other to take a bath." I ordered him, offering him a light pat to his shoulder. "And since I don't trust the other one, send her to my room when she's done."

"Why is that sir?" Louis asked, frowning at the offer to send her to my room.

"Because she doesn't look as she appears and I don't trust her alone with the other servants for too long." I told him firmly. "But can you do this for me?"

Louis nodded. "Yes, my Lord. I can do that for you so go on inside."

"Thank you." I told him, grinning before I hurried inside without a second glance to my recent bought slaves.

If I gave her too much freedom than she already had then she might put her stupid ass plans into action of escaping. But hopefully the idea that her friend was somewhere here and, well, I did threatened her friend’s life on the way here to ensure she would keep herself in line. I didn't really care for them. There was only one slave I cared about and it was the one that is sitting in my roon. I wonder if he's feeling a bit more better now that he ate and got some time away from me to relax?

This feels different to me though. I haven't tried being nice or really care about another stranger before. Well, maybe I did care about Faolan? I mean he was attractive and he calls out this weird vulnerability that I want to protect. But the question was if he'll let me care for him after letting my anger consume myself and took it on him? It was really wrong for me to take my anger out at him but I wasn't thinking at the time.

I shook my head quickly. I was worrying myself unnecessarily. I did not need to be this nervous or excited like some kind of school girl that wanted to meet her crush for the night. Damnit, I am a young adult and will act that way as best as I could.

Anyways, I was anxious to get back there since I knew Faolan was there waiting for me. I wondered if he was awake or not. I also thought about how cute it would be to see him asleep. Would he even be in my room or did something happen to him while I was gone?

My hands curled into tight fists at the thought. I swear to Satan if Uphir had not heed my words then I’m going to seriously torture the fuck until he begged for his life to be over. I told myself darkly. It took me about five minutes to calm down after taking a couple deep breaths along the way to my room. The walk to my room felt long but I reached there fifteen minutes later, noticing my door was partially opened.