Chapter Five

Chapter Five

                                                                           Change of POV

                                                                     Next Day at Castle in Room

Lord Verin hasn’t returned last night. I was very relieved but that was because Lord Verin was a very intimating person and brings me much fear. I was very worried he would of done something to me last night but he never came back.

I wanted to leave the room and explore.

But I was told to stay.

I don’t know what to do, really.

Should I obey or disobey my Master?

If I obeyed, I could be rewarded or could still be punished just because I was in his way. Plus the reward might not be what I wanted it to be. If I disobeyed, not only will I be severely punished but I’ll more likely be killed as well.

Not the best choices here.

But the curiosity was eating at me.

I want to explore.

But I shouldn’t.

Should I risk it or not?

Despite it all, I find my feet moving forward towards the bedroom door. I glanced around and listened for a moment before I rest my hand around the cool doorknob. I paused again, waiting for something to happen but nothing did. I slowly turned the knob and cautiously opened the door a crack. I peeked my head out and looked both ways of the hallway.

There was no one there.

I paused for a moment, still unsure. I glanced back into the room, debating a lot of things that flashed into my mind before I slowly took a hesitant step forward into the hallway. Then another until I was out of the protection of the room.

Still, no one came running to my intrusion.

So I thought that was a plus or new.

I walked out of the bedroom completely and quietly closed the door behind me. I waited a few seconds before I started to decide which direction I should go. I decided to go left which would hopefully be the opposite direction where Lord Verin went.

I never felt like I was in a maze before until now. The hallways were huge and haunting. The torches on the brick walls bring out more of the shadows in the castle. The floor was out of wood so everyone could hear the creaks even me. The ceiling, I think, was made out of wood too or something. I couldn’t tell in the dim light.

All I knew this place makes me feel like I was living in a haunting mansion or something really creepy.

How can anyone live in this?

I know I couldn’t or, at least, I wouldn’t.

What a strange dimension this was I decided silently as I nervously glanced around. I kept walking around the hallways, taking turns when I needed to. I was very puzzled since this place felt like a maze. Of course, there was really creepy portraits of past relatives and such on the walls. Their eyes were so big that I swear their eyes were following me. It only made me much more anxious.

Maybe I shouldn’t of left the room…I thought worriedly. Now, I’m a definite goner if Master Verin finds out.

I turned to my right and found myself at a dead end. I frowned and glanced around at the brick like wall. Okay, well, time to turn around. I twirled around on my heels of my feet to turn and I instantly rammed into someone.

Shocked, I let out a gasp and quickly retreated so my back hit the wall. I instantly expected it to be Lord Verin since I wasn’t allowed to leave the room and the fact that he knows this castle better than I did. I wanted to drop my gaze but instead I find my gaze going up to the creature’s face that caught me.

This creature had started to give me déjà vu from looking at him because he has the similar blonde hair but has really dark green eyes. His face structure was a little more firmer than Lord Verin’s but he was about the same height or if not taller. I didn’t pay attention to the clothing because I didn’t need to know that to know he was a commoner but still a higher class than me so I lowered my gaze instantly.

“Are you lost, little puppy?” The voice asked me, sounding a little polite but I could hear the slight irritation under his tone like he found me bothersome.

Again, this was feeling almost similar but a different way. I kept my gaze down, uneasy. “Y-Yeah…” I said quietly. “I can’t find the… The… Bathroom.”

The creature gave me this doubtful look that I can relate to since I just made up an excuse. “Yeah, sure.” He said easily. He moved forward and cornered me into the wall. He set his hand against the wall next to my head and I flinched instinctively. He raised his eyebrows at my reaction.

“Timid little guy, aren’t you?” He asked, sounding bemused.

I didn’t answer him, keeping my gaze downwards.

“Anyways, tell me the real reason why you’re out and about.” The creature said, not asking it but demanding an answer.

I felt too frightened to answer him because he was giving off that threatening aurora that Master Verin gives off of.

The blonde used his other hand to brush my chin then held it firmly before he forced my face up to look into his dark, forest green eyes. “Are you going to answer me?”

I kept my gaze on his and I still couldn’t bring myself to answer.

The blonde smirked, finding my silent fear amusing. “I am Vetis. I am also a year older than Verin.” He said as he let go of my chin but held my hair in his hand instead to keep my head tilted. “What’s your name?”

I warily watched him, knowing his hand was now in my hair. “I-I’m… F-Faolan…” I stuttered out.

Vetis smirked wider. “Fits you well.” He commented.

That sounded way too close what Lord Verin told him… I shrugged.

“Then I hope you don’t mind me doing this then.” Vetis said, eyes sparkling mischievously.

“W-What?” I asked, instantly tensing up.

“Oh, Shut up.” Vetis said before he suddenly pressed his lips against mine.

I kept my lips tightly together in a thin line, uncomfortable and my eyes widened in pure shock yet horror as well. I began to struggle from his grip but his hand tightened onto my hair, making me flinch.

“Vetis!” A way too familiar voice snarled out angrily. “You fucking dumbass! Let go of my property or else I will stick your own foot up your ass!”

Vetis instantly pulled away to turn towards the voice. He smirked. “Well, Hello dear Verin.” He sneered.

I looked over to confirm what he said and he was right. Master Verin has come and he didn’t look very happy at all.

____________________________________

Author's Note:

Sorry that it took so long to upload this story! I have school so it took a lot of my time and I was working at the State Fair before school started too.

I know this isn't much but I got stumped at what to do so sorry if this seemed too short!

Anyways, Thank you for reading! Have a pleasant reading experience!

Please keep fanning, voting, commenting, liking and adding it to your library! Thank you!