Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine
Faolan's POV

I didn't think anyone was prepared for when they revealed the person at the throne chair. Honestly, how could anyone? But at the same time, somewhere deep inside, I knew. I knew because his behavior was so obvious, but perhaps I had hoped it was all talk. No one would of thought he had an ulterior motive by how that person acts.

Moving my gaze over, I could tell that Verin was bewildered by this as I was by how his face scrunched up. "What the hell?!" He exclaimed.

The blond male that everyone knew got up from the seat. "I'm sorry," He said, actually looking mournful, "It was a tad extreme, but it was the only way."

Instantly, I felt uneasy. What was that supposed to mean? What was he doing there and where was Verin's father, Drago?

"What the fuck are you doing, dip shit?" Verin snarled. "You don't belong up there. Where is my damn father? Is this one of his send someone to "fetch his son" thing again?"

Before he could answer, someone spoke up, "That my dear cousin is not what this is about. If only it was something so sweet, but sadly, your father wasn't always so sweet to his loved ones."

I and Verin turned towards the source of that voice as someone came out from the shadows. My stomach instantly dropped. Why is he here? I thought he left the castle by now.

"Mammon." Verin said, bluntly but his tone filled with hostility. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

He walked over to stand by the blond and rest his hand on his shoulder. "See, cousin, Vetis here is not just some random accountant for your father or to you for that matter." Mammon gave a smile that looked too sinister for its' own good.

"That doesn't explain anything." Verin said, keeping his voice flat as best as he could. Slowly, he had moved closer to me and held my wrist outside of their view. I didn't need to look at his face to know that he not only wanted security, but to tell me to keep my mouth shut.

Vetis had glanced away before his gaze went over to Verin. "I'm actually your cousin."

As Verin was opening his mouth, Mammon quickly interrupted. "Not only is he our cousin, but he is the true Heir to the Underworld."

"Bullshit!" Verin snarled. "You have no proof!"

"Proof?" Mammon laughed as he waved his hand. "Look at him, Verin! Did you ever wonder why he looks so similar to you or your father? Why that his hair color or facial structure was so similar to your own? Did you not find it strange at all that your father picked him?"

I would admit that I did thought it was strange how similar Vetis looked like Verin. Shoot, I thought subconsciously that he was a brother of his until how strong Verin showed his animosity towards him. Perhaps that inkling wasn't wrong after all about him being part of their family.

By how tense Verin was, I knew that he wasn't going to respond to that. True to my word, Verin pointed at them. "That doesn't explain about the true Heir shit that you just pulled."

This time, Vetis stepped forward. "Drago had a twin brother," He said, carefully and almost hesitantly, "and that twin brother was older than Drago." His hands moved into fists as he swallowed. "That brother is no longer alive because his own twin had killed him to take over the throne." His gaze met Verin's. "Killed him with his very own hands."

My head spun at this devastating news. Is it true? Did Drago had an older brother and killed him in cold blood? Possibly for power? It would definitely explain why Vetis looked so similar to Verin, but it does not mean this brother was older or not. Or if he had existed.