Chapter Thirteen

Change of POV

I slowly stirred from my blissful slumber, unwilling to leave that sweet haze of numbness in the pitiless, blackness of the mind. That kindness only lasted a second before my mind comprehended reality rather quickly. Letting out a pained whimper, I tried to move but the feeling of a sharp pain radiated up my back then these painful tingly sensation crept with it soon after, made me stop moving.

I was so blinded by my noticeable, unbelieveable discomfort that I realized I was in something soft under me which brought some comfort to my ease for a moment of my physical and even my mental health. Maybe I'm back--- My thoughts halted abruptly after taking a deep breath in through my mouth and nose to scent a familiar tangy smell that I knew only one person gives off of. I opened my eyes in an instant which widened like moons in horror as I realized I was in Verin's room, specifically his bed.

Blind panic set in my soul and I began to adjust myself to my hands were under my chest so I could raise myself up when I need to. I twisted my head around to look down at the bed, starting to make myself get up until I heard a abrupt snore. I froze in place despite my screaming back wound's protest. My gaze flickered to my left, where I heard the noise and where I finally noticed the new body heat that sent waves my way. Wait, that was the soft warm breeze that literally came a breath away from something or someone.

Shockingily blue eyes met my plain colored ones, telling me he was very much conscious and alert. I began to tremble as I couldn't bring myself to look away from his strong gaze. I've been caught. I'm going to get it now... I coudn't help but think that in outmost fear. It was also starting to get hard to keep myself up like this while I was suffering from serious wounds. I opened then close my mouth twice like a gaping fish unable to speak to defend how I end up where I was in his bed.

After all, I didn't know how I got there myself. Maybe a guard did it out of spite? Maybe he did it so I could take blame for it? Who knows...

He let out a quiet, annoyed sigh before he reached his hand out towards me from where he laid besides me, which I must remind myself was a breath away. I instinctively flinched and closed my eyes tightly, tensing up even though it caused the pain to intensify in my mind, including my body too. His hand went through my hair, fingers to the roots but instead, he was gently stroking my brunette hair.

Startled and beyond bewildered, I opened my eyes to hesitantly look over at him, who wasn't looking at me anymore in return. He finally glanced over after he noticed my intent, trying to figure out what he wanted stare then he looked away.

"What?" Verin grunted. "Just fucking lay down and stay that way. I don't even give a shit if your mutty blood stains my bedsheets."

As soon as he said that, I finally recalled everything that happened last night in a flash. I let out a loud gasp and look under myself, since I was partly in the air as I was planning on getting out of bed which means I was on my knees, to look at the bedsheets that was beneath me. Sure enough, the innocent, white sheets were stained deeply in dark red of blood. I started to shake harder while my eyes watered. "P-Please... My L-lord... Don't..."

"I said lay down, damnit!" Verin snarled at me, ending my plea before I could even utter any more out.

I cringed at his tone of voice, letting out a soft whimper before I allowed myself to lay back down as told. I had to be on the blood stained sheets again but at least it was my own blood. It was hard not to be and feel like a nervous wreck at this point. Was he gong to punish me again? Why was he allowing me in his bed otherwise?