Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

                                                                      Faolan's POV

I didn't like that look in his eyes. Not at all and they scream trouble! loud and clear. I must of paled because he was still smiling that famous smirk of his. I held his gaze a bit longer before I dropped it down to the woman that had suddenly put her arms around me. Damnit, why is she here...

"Accalia, how did you get here?" I demanded from her, holding her shoulders as I pulled her back to stare directly at her face. "I need to know now and why."

Accalia glared at my demand but shrugged. "Why is obvious. To find you." She told him in a flippant tone. "Then how? Well, we tracked your scent everywhere but it led to dead ends all the time. So, on my own, I decided to take a risk which was let myself get captured by the same people that caught you or something similar and get the hell out to find you when they got to their destinated area."

"Let me guess." I said dryly. "You underestimated the situation and ended up in a very big one that you couldn't get out of."

A blush crept onto her face and she glowered. "Well... Basically, yes."

A growl crept up my throat. "Damnit, Accalia! When will you think before you act and especially suggest others your ideas before you jump on them without back up?" My tone was harsh and scolding but I didn't care. She risked herself for me when she shouldn't of. "Your brother will have my hide for this."

She dropped her gaze. "Stop saying that my brother is going to kill you for my recklessness."

"He wouldn't but doesn't mean he wouldn't try!" I said, exasperated by her. "And stop clinging to me so bad, Cali. You're definitely too illegal for me even if I did want to have a relationship with you which I don't. You're like my baby sister so knock it off as I find it creepy that you want to be in my pants so bad."

Accalia huffed. "I can't help it that you're hot and you're not that old!"

I gave her a flat look. "I'm not answering that. I am just not." I forced her to sit down on the floor, not wanting Verin to be angry at me for having her sit on the bed. She let out a small furious growl at that but she obediently stayed where she was. Thank god! I silently praised.

Turning my attention back to Verin, I began to feel nervous and a bit sheepish. "I'm sorry about that, Master." I told him honestly. "She's just a pup and she has the habit of wanting my attention."

Verin gave a very noncholant shrugged then suddenly his gaze narrowed. "Wait a minute, didn't you call me Verin earlier?"

I stiffened in response as I reflected back in my conversation with him not that long time ago. Oh, no, I did. Was the instant thought that came to me when it dawned on me. How could I ever been that stupid or reckless? Now I'm going to get it for sure... My panic grew in my nerves, wanting me to run but I swallowed it down.

"Faolan?" Verin repeated, sounding impatient for my answer.

I swallowed. "Yes, I did..."

Verin was quiet and I couldn't bring myself to look at him any longer so lowered my gaze. Then suddenly, he spoke, "Don't make the same mistake again but how will you make up that mistake?"

My throat went dry at the question. How would I? I don't know! I was alarmed of the ideas that might be going through his head right now. I noticed that Accalia was about to make a snappy comment but I gave her a stern stare that shut her up real quick. She gave me a small glare that I pointedly ignored. The last thing I needed was for her to make my situation worse.