Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

                                                       Change of POV

I didn't get it. I was standing here, offering him food to eat and all he was doing was staring at me like I had five heads instead of one on my shoulders. Did I do something wrong? I mean, I was pretty sure that I didn't swear at all when I asked him or didn't sound harsh-but-still-ordering-him-around tone. I hadn't, right?

So, whay wasn't he taking it?

My patience was starting to run low again and that was the last thing I need to do. He will flinch if I start snapping now. Maybe I should count to a hundred? What the hell? I don't even have the patience to even do that!

Just fuck it. I decided easily mentally. I clenched the tray and began to tense up. I started to open my mouth, about to tell him to---

"Um. Thank you." Faolan murmured before he hesitantly took the tray from me, which I easily let go for him. He glanced up. "Ah... Master, did I do something wrong?" He asked me nervously.

I blinked a few times before I shook my head, putting my hands out in surrender instantly. "No!" I blurted out. "You didn't do anything wrong! Just eat!"

Faolan gave me a weird look which probably symbolized are you going crazy? but I pointedly ignored it. I moved a few steps back so I wouldn't hovered over him like I usually did when I'm around him. The goal here was to make him comfortable and treating him better... Not take the opposite effect.

Watching him, Faolan slowly began to eat the food. The first thing he tried was the red looking eggs that we got in the underworld. The thing is... our birds that we recieve eggs from aren't completely chicken. Some creepy scientist decided he wanted to alter them to make them better, produce more kind of thing... Well he succeeded but now the birds were smarter so it can be difficult to catch them at times. But of course, the scientist was proud of his work then moved on.

"They're sweet." Faolan whispered in shock, staring a little as if confused. Did he not ever had sweet eggs before?

Well, as anyone can tell, I know these eggs very well since it was a good breakfast and lunch meal. These eggs aren't completely bland but slightly sweet. So, Quorra likes to make them a little sweeter by adding some syrup to them. Not a lot but a few drops. Of course, it would still burn your mouth when it was hot but there would be no need to add pepper or anything to it since it was good as it was. But a lot of people like to make them sweeter and that would be their choice.

I nodded, smiling a little. "Yeah, a weird genetic thing happened to our chickens."

Faolan looked at me, bewildered. "How?"

"A creepy scientist thought it would help them produce more by changing their genetics a little." I admitted.

"Oh." Faolan blinked. Then he moved onto the soup because well, I wanted to give him easy foods to eat and liquids. Quorra knew what was best as always. I didn't know what she made though.

"Can you describe the soup while you eat it?" I asked him. "I never had it before so I want to make sure its good."

Faolan looked up, wide eyed in shocked.

Even I caught myself. I was talking to him as if we were friends instead of master and servant. I shook my head. "Will you?" I repeated, keeping my tone even. I frowned a little, trying to keep that stern kinda look. Damn, maybe I was softening towards him already? Impossible.