Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

                                                              Verin's POV

I knew as soon as I asked that question that I lost some of Faolan's cooperation on answering my questions about his past. He had tensed up, gaze flickering in defense, which made me know that his protectiveness would be in gear. After all, he stood up to me for a bitch that was part of his pack so of course his hackles had risen. But that didn't change that I was curious. I truly wanted to know why he'll defend her, and I could tell that he'll believe almost every word she saysover my own. He trusts her and I want to know why.

"First of all, her name is Accalia and I'd apperciate it if you call her by her name." Faolan told me slowly, crossing his arms across his chest. "She's not a bitch so stop calling her it or I'll forget my place and let you know how I truly feel about you insulting her."

Instantly, I was amused. There was no way that he would do that. Not because he knew his place but because I don't think he had the strength to do it. "Well she's a werewolf which makes her a dog and she's a female so..."

Faolan glowered at me. Actually glared at me. "Verin, knock it off." He told me, his gaze flickering his anger. "You will not insult her anymore in my presence because you don't know her. You don't know her past. You don't have the right to judge someone like they are under your foot when you don't know her."

"Well, well, someone has confidence to speak up against me today." I told him, raising my eyebrows. I figured that reminder would make him retreat like last time but toay, Faolan was filled with surprises.

"I will protect a member from my clan." Faolan said, shaking his head slowly. "Her life comes before mine. Her role in the Upperworld is important when it comes to her brother." With such conviction, his gaze met my own and I was surprised how cold that stare had become. "When it comes to my clan, I will do anything to keep them safe. If you prove to be a threat to her Verin then I will be forced to kill you by my clan's law. Otherwise I'll face treason for letting such a thing happen."

Again, I was stunned. Not only did he spoke up but damn! He had the nerve to threaten me too! "Don't forget what world you are in." I snapped at him, angry at his threat. "Those rules don't apply here and I can do the fuck I want to."

"That's the thing, Verin." Faolan whispered, sadly. "It doesn't matter the world you live in. You kill a Princess, you are more likely going to be hunted down and killed anyways."

I stared at him while refusing what I just heard. "There is no fucking---"

"Well, in the Upperworld, we don't go by titles like that but down here? That's a very apprioprate term to use." Faolan cut me off to explain. "She was an Alpha's only daughter in my clan so she was spoiled and protected to the core. Of course, she knows how to fight and defend herself but Lycans all over the world will fight for her protection."

"Then what the hell is she doing down here?" I demanded, confused. If she was that important then she would of never been left alone in the first place to be captured. "And don't use fancy words. Werewolves are still werewolves, no matter what term you use like Lycans."

"Lycan is the appriopriate term for us as the term werewolves is used incorrectly by others." Faolan explained, shrugging. "But true, two words still mean the same thing. Also, I don't know why she is down here. She claims that she was looking for me so she must of got past her guards as usual and accidentally got caught. Luckily, no one knows of her importance but me and... you, now."