A talk with dad

"Sweetheart." "Hey dad." You smiled tiredly as you walked up to your dad, hugging him tightly as he chuckled and kissed the top of your head, his slight stubble tickling your skin. "How was your trip?" "Very fun." You nodded as Arming stepped out of the bus with your bags. "Thanks Armin." You smiled at the boy, kissing his cheek and taking your bags from him. "Night (y/n)." You waved as he got back into the vehicle, though Connie got out with his bags. "Connie?" You questioned confused as he smiled shyly. "I live a couple doors down, so I'll just walk from here." You smiled happily and nodded. "I'll have to remember that." He nodded, walking down the sidewalk as the bus disappeared down the street. You turned as your dad wrapped an arm around your shoulders, walking back with you to the house. "I made cocoa." You chuckled and nodded, stepping into the kitchen where two cups of steaming brown liquid sat on the counter. Your dad took the black mug with '#1 Procrastinator' on it in big white letters as you took the green mug next to it with 'Procrastinator in Training' on the side. You both quietly snickered at the customized mugs you held, quietly sipping the hot beverage as it burned down your throat. "So how the trip?" "I already told you dad." You chuckled a bit, sitting on the counter as he leaned against the table opposite you. "'Very fun' isn't a valid answer. What did you do? What did you see?" He smiled a big toothy smile, sipping from his black mug that matched the stubble covering his chin and upper lip. "We went to carnival on our first day, there were a lot of really cool rides." You smiled at the thought, remembering how Sasha got frustrated with one of the vendors after they told her they didn't sell churros, and that the poster on the front was just for show. "And we walked through town and went to a petting zoo. And I tried cooked squid!" Your father fake gagged at the thought, making you laugh. He wasn't one for seafood. "Eren and I got lost, and then it started raining, but Mikasa and Arming found us." You pushed back the thought of what happened before the two found you, though a blush still found its way to your cheeks. "And the rest we just kind of explored." You shrugged and smiled. "Okay, and the boys?" Your heart sped up at the question. "Th-they were fine. Why?" You asked nervously. Usually you told your dad everything, but you decided to skip over the fact that you almost kissed Eren and Reiner both, and in fact did kiss Marco. "Because you started blushing at the mention of one of them. Is there something going on you're not telling me?" You were almost sure he could hear your heart pounding in your chest. You took a deep breath and shook your head. "No...no, nothing's going on. We all just got really close over the week." You smiled reassuringly as he hesitantly nodded. "Alright, well, get to bed then. I have an old friend coming tomorrow and I need you to occupy his son." You nodded and stood, placing your mug by the sink before walking to your father and kissing his cheek like normal, soon heading to your room.