Old friend

The next day you and your dad spent getting ready for your guests. Now as your mugs fit you and your father greatly, you spent most of the day goofing off and not doing what was supposed to be done, and by the time it was half an hour before the guests were supposed to come, you were both in a panic to clean and cook. You didn't usually wear dresses, but you knew your dad appreciated it when you looked especially nice for guests, so that's what you did. You stood at the stove in the kitchen, your father upstairs getting ready. There was soon a soft knock on the door, your dad calling down from his room. "(Y/n) could you get that?" "Alright dad!" You called back, turning down the stove before walking to the door. You opened the door and was greeted by a large bundle of pink roses, chuckling a bit as the boy behind them put them down a bit to show his face. He had blond hair with a brownish undercut and bushy eyebrows with piercing blue eyes. You immediately recognized him. "Erwin?" You laughed a bit as he chuckled and nodded, pulling you into a hug. "It's nice to see you again (y/n)." "And you too." You said softly, pulling away from him and taking the flowers. You carefully held them up to your nose and smelled them, sighing in content. Before your mum passed there was always flowers in the house, giving the place a light but pleasant smell. Erwin spoke, breaking you from your thoughts. "It's been a few years. You're even more beautiful than I remember." You blushed a bit and chuckled, nodding in thanks. "And you more handsome." He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck as your father decided to make his appearance. "Erwin my boy! It's nice to see you again!" He laughed, clapping a hand against Erwin's shoulder. "You too Mr. (L/n)." Oh please, Mister is too formal, call me Darren." Erwin smiled as a man walked in behind him, with blond hair thinning out at the sides. "Darren!" He laughed, hugging your father as he laughed as well. "Lukas, it's great to see you." Your dad chuckled before looking at you. "Could you go finish dinner?" You nodded, heading back to the kitchen and hearing footsteps behind you. "You really are beautiful." You heard Erwin whisper, a blush making it's way to your cheeks. Once you got the kitchen you grabbed a vase from the cupboard and filled it with water before carefully putting the pink flowers into it, setting it on the counter. Erwin sat up on the counter, like he did when you two were little. "So how old are you now?" "16." You replied softly, going back to the stove. He nodded a bit and smiled. "Can't believe it's been almost 8 years since we last saw each other." You smiled and nodded, humming a bit. Your dad and Mr. Smith were coworkers, so you and Erwin used to play together as children. You strained your memory a bit to remember the things you did, and you soon stumbled upon one of the conversations you had with everyone in Hokkaido. "Truth: have you ever kissed someone on the lips? I remember kissing someone when I was about six, I think his name started with an E, but I'm not sure." Your face flushed after realizing that the boy you'd been talking about was Erwin himself.