Creature

"You're not swimming?" You looked up at Levi from your spot on your towel, smiling a bit. His dark hair glinted a bit in the sunlight as you smiled. "No, I'm fine here." You said softly as he sat in front of you and nodded. "You must be hot." He stated, his voice monotone. You bit your lip a bit, shaking your head as you knew your voice would give away to your lies. In reality you were boiling, small beads of sweat forming at your hairline. "The waters cold. Come on." Levi said simply and stood, offering his hand. You hesitantly took it, standing. "I-I don't actually know how to swim..." You admitted quietly, looking away. "I could teach you." Levi suggested as you looked at him. "Really?" You questioned, a bit surprised. He nodded in response and tugged your arm a bit. "Really. Now come on." You hesitantly nodded and followed him, soon ankle deep in the water. "I don't know about this Levi..." You said softly. He looked back at you and offered a sort of half-smile. "I won't let you drown." He said simply and started walking further out. You hesitantly nodded and followed him, looking at your feet nervously the entire time. You felt your knees shake once you got up to your hips and tried to pull back towards the shore. "Never mind I don't want to do this." You stated, your voice shaky as Levi took your free hand and pulled you towards him more. "Levi please-" "Look at me." You shook your head quickly, soon feeling his finger under your chin, tilting your head up to look at him. His stormy grey eyes bore into your own beautiful (e/c) ones, your heart speeding up a bit as the feeling of safety washed over you. "You're fine. I won't let go unless you tell me too." You nodded a bit, not noticing that he was leading you out further into the dark waters. You only realized how deep you really were once you felt the cool water against your chest, gasping a bit as you moved closer to Levi. "See? You're doing it." He said softly as you smiled and nodded, looking up at him happily. Your smile fell once you noticed Levi looked behind you, squeaking as he wrapped his arms around you and pulling you tightly to his chest. "Don't. Move." He whispered firmly, sending shivers down your spine. Your eyes widened slightly and your blood ran cold as you felt the water turn over around you, not daring to look away from Levi's chest, you already knew what was happening. Shark. You felt tears prick your eyes from how terrified you were, hiding further into Levi's bare chest. You thought you were going to faint once you felt the creature's, rough, sandpaper skin scratch against your leg, whimpering and hyperventilating, hoping it wasn't bleeding. "(Y/n), put your legs around me. Now, before it smells the blood." Your heart caught in your throat as you slowly lifted your legs, wrapping them around his waist. He seemed calm, but you could hear his heart pounding in his chest. He was scared too. You could see the fin of the beast swimming circles around you two, looking to the water and wishing the colour of your blood would dissolve faster. You heard splashing a small ways from you and quietly looked over as shouting followed. Bertholdt stood in the water, splashing around and shouting. You were confused as to what he was doing, but your confusion quickly went away as the shark did another loop around you and Levi before heading to him. Without sparing a second Levi gripped you tightly and started running from the water, and all you could see was your own blood slowly slipping down Levi's back and into the water.