Chapter 16: A new ally?

So, i know it's been awhile since i've updated, and i apologize! :/ but here's the next chappie, and i really hope you enjoy it! This story is almost to 375 reads, and i'm super excited! Thanks to all the amazing readers out there!

xx-Haylee

Heirii’s Point of View:

Since it was a Saturday, Ichigo and I decided we’d get ahead on our training. We already made a great team, but more practice couldn’t hurt. After deciding to call the others, we all gather in a secluded part of the forest. “Alright, so what do we want to work on?” Ichigo spouts excitedly, and I giggle. “I think we should work on combos.” Zakuro says thoughtfully, and we all nod in agreement. “Okay, what kind of combos?” Mint asks, her eyes shining with happiness as she talks to Zakuro. “Let’s make them up!” Pudding shouts, and I crack a grin as Mint shoots her a glare. “That’s actually not a bad idea.” Zakuro says, a small smile on her face. “Well then lets do it!” I say enthusiastically, and they all cheer. After we started working on combos, everyone started to seem to be working more fluently. We flowed much better as we moved and attacked the fake targets, and you could tell we all read each others moves. “This is working very well.” I comment as we take a break and eat some food that we had packed. “I agree! We all make a great team!” Lettuce chirps in, and I laugh. “Yeah, it’s like we’ve always known what the other is doing.” Mint says calmly, sipping a cup of tea. “I can’t wait till we fight for real! We’ll be so prepared and they won’t be expecting it!!” Pudding chimes in, and we all smirk at her eagerness. “I think that we should find what channels all our power. We’d be unbeatable then.” Ichigo states and I agree. “If we find what motivates us to fight, we may have the upper hand.” Zakuro says thoughtfully, and I nod. “Yeah! We should go around in a circle and tell each other what motivates us.” I suggest, and they nod. “That’s a good idea! I’ll go first!” Ichigo states, getting ready to start. “Well, my friends motivate me, as well as Aoyama-kun.” She says blushing, and I giggle. “Lettuce, your turn.” She says, trying to get the attention off her burning cheeks. “I…what motivates me is everyone’s passion and determination, as well as…Shirogane.” She says shyly, and I smile. “Mint, your up.” She says, brushing it off. “What motivates me is my dog. I love my puppy so much! As well as this mission. I’m really dedicated to it.” She says happily, and we all nod. “Pudding, it your turn.” Pudding smiles as she looks at all of us. “What motivates me is my brothers and sister, as well as everyone here. And my mom motivates me as well.” We all get quiet, and I remember what they said happened to her mom. It’s really sad, but I’m glad she’s making it out in a good way. “Zakuro, you can go now.” She says happily, and Zakuro nods. “My motivation is how everyone never gives up, even when they should. That’s an inspiration, especially with my past.” I smile at her as she tells us this, and honestly I’m thankful for her motivation. “Okay Heirii, you go now.” Zakuro tells me, and I nod. I sit and think for a bit, trying to figure out what it is. That’s when it dawns one me; I look up and meet everyone’s gaze. “My motivation is you guys, the way you accepted me and all. Plus, Kira is always by me. I guess, my motivation is for when you guys are down, to pick you up.” I say deeply, meaning every word I said. Ichigo put her hand on my shoulder comfortingly, and I smile at her. “With all this said, I think we can work better as a team, and as friends. We can use our different motivations to our advantage, so we can know what will push us to do our best.” Ichigo says, and we all nod. “I guess that’s that. Do you want to practice more, or come back later?” Mint asks, and we all give each other one look. “Later.” We all say at the same time, and burst into giggles. As we left, I couldn’t help but feel relieved. “Why didn’t you mention Kisshu?” Ichigo asks me as we walk down the sidewalk, and I’m startled by her question. “What? Oh, I-I guess I didn’t want them to freak out or anything, but he’s defiantly a motivation.” I say smiling, and she giggles. “You’re such a wimp.” She teases, and I shove her playfully. “Says the one who won’t invite Aoyama-kun over!” I retort, and she sticks her tongue out at me. “Fine, I will!” she gives in, and I fist pump. “I WIN!” I announce, and she laughs. She whips out her phone and calls him as I wait patiently to hear his answer. If I knew him right, he would come over in a heartbeat. “Really? Okay!” she says excitedly, and I know I’m right. She hangs up, her eyes gleaming as she faces me. “He’s coming!!” We run back to her house so she can tidy it up. She briefly tells her mom and her mom is ecstatic. I go up to her room, cleaning it. I better help her out since I’m the one who convinced her to invite him over. I tidy up the room and I’m just putting up the last of our clothes when I hear the doorbell ring downstairs. I shove the drawer closed and rush downstairs just in time to be greeted by Aoyama and Ichigo. “Oh, hello Heirii.” Aoyama greets me politely. I give him my best smile “Hello Aoyama-kun.” He just gives me a smile before Ichigo asks him what he wants to do. “Oh, well I have some errands to run, I was just about to leave.” I say, a smirk growing on my face as Ichigo’s eyes widen. “Oh, bye then.” Aoyama says, and I nod. I walk past Ichigo, winking as I do. When I leave, I look back at the closed door curiously. He didn’t seem to be acting like himself today. I shrug it off, walking in no particular direction down the street. I actually had nothing to do, so now I’m bummed. I frown, looking up and down the streets. “Heirii?” I hear an all too familiar voice call, and I stiffen. I turn around, seeing Jake walking up to me. My guard was up, but I held my ground. I didn’t want to run away like a wimp, so I faced him like a man. “What do you want?” I hiss, and he sighs. “Okay, look. I know I haven’t been the best to you, but do you wanna start over?” he tries, and I look at him in shock. “Are you serious?” I ask bewildered, and he nods. “I’m sorry for everything I’ve ever done to you, and I want you to be my friend.” He says shyly, and I sigh. “You have one chance.” He yelps happily, picking me up in a hug and twirling me around. “I never said you could do that!!” I protest as he sets me down with a huge grin on his face. “My bad.” He apologizes, and I roll my eyes. I walk down the street, and I’m awfully aware of his presence beside me. “What do you want?” I ask him annoyed, and he grins sheepishly at me. “I’m using my chance.”

Surprisingly, Jake wasn’t overwhelming at all. When I got home over an hour later, I heard laughing and giggling from the living room. Well, I’m glad they’re having fun. I try to sneak by, but I’m caught by Ichigo. “There you are! I’ve been wondering where you went!” I crack a smile at her as I take in her appearance. Wait, scratch that, I’m getting scared by her appearance. Her face is flushed and she’s a bit dizzy looking. “What’s wrong with you?” I ask her curiously, and she shrugs. “Aoyama-kun said that he had something for me to try, and it’s great!” I narrow my eyes at him as he looks down. “WHAT DID YOU GIVE HER??” I ask, suddenly infuriated by his actions. “I bought this tea for her to try, but it seems it’s really…strong.” He says, surprised by my actions. “I’m going to hurt you if you don’t get out of here in five seconds.” I growl, and his eyes widen. They better. “You don’t scare me. I know what you are. I found out about Ichigo and the others a while back, and I know you’re with them, but you don’t hurt humans.” He threatens, a smug smile on his face. If only you knew what I did to that man by the village. “Try me.” I spit, and he looks shocked. “Shirogane was right, you do get fired up easily.” He says with a smile. I look at him confused, “What?” he just chuckles, sitting Ichigo down. “It is true about the tea, but I didn’t mean for it too. I’ve talked to Shirogane before, he seems like a nice person. I’m a part of the team too, in case you didn’t know.” He says, talking normally again. He wasn’t being weird, just the same ole same ole Aoyama. “Oh, I didn’t. And you’re lucky it was just a test, or your head would’ve been ripped off!” I tell him, putting my hand on my hip and pointing at him. He laughs, “I don’t doubt it. I have to go now, please take care of Ichigo.” He says smiling. “I’ll take care of her.” I mumble, shooing him out the door. When he’s gone, I go over to Ichigo. “You can stop acting now you twit.” I smirk at her, and her mouth drops open. “HOW DID YOU KNOW?” she asks flabbergasted, and I giggle. “I know when you act and when you don’t. Besides, Aoyama-kun doesn’t know that I knew you faked. I put on quite a show, didn’t I?” I ask her, and her mouth drops even more. “You little…oh my gosh! How did you even catch on??” I laugh at her expression, and shrug. “It was a bit obvious by the way he was acting at the first, and you went a bit overboard on the whole tipsy drunk thing you were trying to pull.” I giggle as she blushes, and she slaps me on the arm. “I’ve never been very good at acting, so hush!” I bust out laughing, and she groans. “You’re a bit of an actress, aren’t you?” she asks me, poking my side. I giggle, I was really ticklish. “Yes, yes I am.” I state proudly, and she rolls her eyes. “Well, let’s go to bed.” I nod, following her upstairs. “So he really is on our team?” I ask her, and she nods. “Yeah, he’s wonderful, isn’t he?” she says, then yawns. “I guess so.” I say winking, and she chuckles. “Goodnight.” She calls, and I mumble back to her. Sleep begins to overwhelm me when two thoughts pop into my head: Jake and Aoyama.

Jake’s Point of View:

I’ve done it! I grinned down at Heirii as we finally held a conversation where we weren’t hurting or screaming at each other. I felt really proud of myself, but at the same time…guilty. I knew why I was befriending her, and I wasn’t too proud of it. But that purple haired guy promised power and safety to me and my family, so I took it. Oh well, it’s not like Heirii is ever going to find out. All I have to do is lure her in, and then I can carry out the plan that’s been assigned to me…

So, how was it?? What do you think about Jake too? What's gunna happen now? :o hahah leave me some comments below pretty please :) Comment, Vote, Fan

xx-Haylee