☙8❧

Snarling at me, the pack of wolves began to move into an arc behind the main wolf that i knew was none other than Athena. She growled, baring her teeth and snarled making me flinch. I shakily lifted myself up to sit up and backed away, wincing at the pain in my shoulder.

Athena began forward, her head low as her gold eyes stayed on me. She looked ready to kill and I wasn't doubting why. Apparently i had been the one to attack her brother and she was out for his vengeance. I bit my trembling lip, my tears blocking my vision and pleaded with her to leave me alone.

Her wolfy grin suggested otherwise and i shook my head, pushing myself backwards. Athena gnashed her teeth at me and i jumped, eyes wide. The red fur on the scruff of her neck rose in warning of her attacking and I closed my eyes, turning my head away but instead of being attacked, i heard a snarling growl from behind me.

I opened my eyes, looking at Athena and her group growl as they backed up and a black blur jumped past and in front of me. It's shoulder blades rose high in its defensive stance. I turned to look beside me when four more wolves appeared; two at each of my sides and then looked behind me at the final and sixth wolf. Facing forward, i watched as Athena changed back into her human form; my face heating up in her nakedness that she was so confident in being in.

Her gold eyes latched onto the wolf in front of me and lashed out, "This isn't your problem, Auric! Step aside! I have a score to settle and she's responsible for what happened to my brother!"

Auric growled, barking nastily that Athena's eyes widened in fury.

"Don't you start making threats, Dennison! My brother may not be dead, but that doesn't mean i won't show her the same courtesy she showed him!"

The dark wolf straightened, growling lowly in warning as did the other wolves around me. Athena sneered, her eyes narrowing as she looked past Auric and to me.

"Better steer clear, human. Next time i get you alone... your protector won't be there." She grinned, "I'll make sure of it."

Then she turned to bark orders at the others to turn back before morphing into her wolf and chasing after her group.

I blinked, my breath heavy from the almost-attack that i experienced then looked at the wolves surrounding me. Auric turned his head over his shoulder at me and I stared at him until looking away at the brown wolf at my right. I blinked at it, after it growled, its eyes still on me. I frowned, then looked away at the others.

Slowly, I rose to my feet and shakily steadied myself with my arms outspread. I winced, hissing at the pain in my arm and shoulder. One of the two wolves on the left trotted over to me and nudged its snout into my thigh. I looked at it, lowering my brows as i was trying to figure out who this was and what they wanted.

Another nudge from my other side had me turn when a blondish wolf had my belongings in its teeth, and i smiled gratefully before trying to get them from it but it moved its head away. I whined that i could carry it but it stepped back and it wasn't until Auric growled that i looked at him.

His eyes narrowed at me and I raised my brows, motioning to the wolf that it had my stuff otherwise i'd get moving. He glanced at the blonde wolf that smirked with my stuff still in its mouth. The blonde wolf trotted away from me, and the wolf that had first nudged my leg did it again to motion with its head to follow.

I sighed, not seeing what else i could do other than obey.

We walked a long while and I was wondering if maybe i should text my aunt that i was running a little later than i wanted. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and quickly shot her a text that i was in a study group for science class and that i'd be home for dinner by the time it was hopefully finished. A few minutes later she responded that she loved me and to be careful walking home though she did suggest that i could be picked up.