☙10❧

Throbbing. That's all I was feeling... hearing...

No wait... that wasn't all i was hearing...

Voices. I could hear voices, but... but everything sounded so echoed; like i was underwater. Was i underwater?

I strained through my thoughts to remember what had happened to me. My eyes were closed... that much i knew, and didn't want to open them just yet. But the voices were slowly sifting through the watery tone and now could be heard clearly. I peeled my eyes open, shutting them again at the brightness of the room before letting out a small groan.

"Oh good, you're awake!"

That voice wasn't familiar.

"Hmph... bout time."

Now that one was.

Somebody came over to help me sit up after being unsuccessful on my own and found myself on the sofa from the Dennison house. I blinked a few times to make sure that i was seeing everything correctly and not just imagining that i was in one of the werewolves' home again. But i was. I glanced around at the wooden decor and then turned my head to meet the eyes of a woman with gray eyes. She had brown hair curtaining her face in curly tendrils, a nose that had a straight slope, and a heart shaped mouth. That's how close her face was to mine; our noses were touching.

"How are you feeling, dear?"

I felt like my eyes were going crossed with the close proximity and I lowered a brow, stuttering that i guess i felt alright. Then i was able to relax a bit when the woman pulled back to straighten out. She gave me this warm smile that reminded me a lot of Aunt Penny.

Oh crud! Aunt Penny! The school!

I was going to be in so much trouble when the school calls and informs my aunt that i hadn't been showing up to class. How was i going to explain my absences? Maybe if i told her that i was going through a rebellious phase and that school was caging me in she'd let it slide this once... ugh! She'd never buy that. My aunt wasn't stupid.

When i looked up at the woman she was giving me a strange look and i frowned, craning my neck back. She then smiled again, laughing lightly before stating that i mustn't have heard her when she asked if i could feel any pain.

"Pain...? Pain from what?"

I started looking upon my person for any sign of infliction and then stopped at the sight of the blood on my right side. Three bloody claw marks had ripped through my t-shirt and then everything that had happened to receiving the injury returned to my memory. I remember the Six inviting me to lunch, making fun of me, me standing out in the hallway, running into that redheaded boy, him chasing me throughout the school, the basement, and then fighting with him in the stairwell before...

Pausing my reminiscing, my eyes lifted up and over to the entrance of the room where Auric was leaning his shoulder against the entry way's frame, arms crossed and his gray glare on me. His jaw muscles contracted the longer i stared at him and i was slowly pulling my gaze away from his to the woman.

The woman had kept that smile of hers on the whole time and i raised a brow, wrinkling my nose, "Um... what was your question?"

Laughing lightly, the woman repeated that if i felt any pain. I frowned, shaking my head that i didn't, but then asked why not when i gestured to the long claw marked shirt of mine. I even stood up (slowly because my head was feeling a bit light headed still) and lifted the hem of my shirt, just to under my bra where three long and deep looking gashes were revealed. They went from where i held my shirt down to my hip.

Glancing up at the woman with a soft expression on her face, I asked if this was going to scar too.

She nodded, pausing before explaining that since i was human my skin wouldn't regenerate like theirs did.