☙16❧

I was going to kill Auric!

That's right... You heard me. I was going to kill him! Why, you ask?

Because the moment I walked into my first period class guess who was sitting in the seat behind mine?

That's right... The were-jerk himself.

My teeth grit tightly as my fist curled at my side. The knowing smirk on the guy's face had me narrow my eyes at him for a moment longer before switching my gaze to Maddox sitting in his seat beside mine, while talking to a guy next to him. I looked back to Auric still staring at me and began walking towards my seat.

Tossing my bag on the desk a bit noisier than necessary while glaring at the gray eyed boy doing the same to me, I broke eye contact with him once Maddox greeted, "Hey!"

Looking to see a giant smile on his face, Maddox reached over to grab onto my hand to get me to sit. I side glanced a glare at Auric when he growled. I wanted to turn my head and say, 'Shh!' but why bother when that would only get him riled up?

I took note that Maddox hadn't let go of my hand yet as he asked how my morning was so far. My eyes lifted up from our hands up to those pretty blueish-purple eyes of his---how were they possible to exist?

"It's been good. Just a bit... Tense is all."

Maddox raised a brow, grinning that he had a cure to releasing tension and as i tilted my head to the side, brows furrowed in confusion, another growl rumbled out of Auric's chest.

This time, I think Maddox heard it since he frowned and turned his head, my hand still in his.

"There a problem, friend?"

Auric sneered, pushing himself to a better sitting position and curled his fists in front of him. His gray eyes were starting to take on the gold hue and I began to panic. God knows why.

With a hard swallow, I quickly turned to Maddox and stammered, "So! How bout that milkshake today, huh? I'm thinking of getting banana! What about you?"

Luckily the blue-purple eyed boy faced me instead of catching to see the start of were-jerk going into wolf-mode. I ignored the annoyed growl from beside me and kept my concentration on Maddox who was sighing out before muttering a small apology and grinned that strawberry was his favorite.

He stared at me for a moment and I felt my smile faltering as he did this. My eyes widened a bit, blinking rapidly but before I could get out a word of why he was staring at me, Maddox had leaned over taking both sides of my face and kissed me.

My eyes widened at the brash action and pulled back after the class filled with those ridiculous "Oooooo's" from my nosy peers. Maddox grinned, winking that he'd been thinking about doing that all night. I blinked, my brows rising upward.

What do you say to something that like? To a boy who kisses you in front of class and doesn't care that thirty pairs of eyes were on us?

Maddox wiggled his brows and chuckled, "Can't wait for our date!" then spun around to finish his conversation with his friend who was grinning and high fiving him. I remained where I was seated, still blinking away the surprise of that kiss. My fingers rose to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear then felt someone still staring at me among those that were whispering.

Turning my eyes to Auric, his gray eyes were narrowed; side glancing at Maddox's back before looking back at me.

I can't tell you how much I was worried for what this boy had planned because the look in his eyes was heeding another warning.