☙12❧

I pulled back after a moment and looked up slowly to meet Auric's gray eyes. There was something in them that i hadn't seen before whenever he was looking at me, but it kind of scared me. That's when i realized that everything scared me. Knowing about the Six and their pack, about werewolves period, about Athena and her need for revenge. I've never had to feel this way before, about not having control over my life even after my parents died.

So i was feeling trapped. Locked in a world that i wouldn't be able to escape from. Ever.

My body slowly pushed away from Auric's hold, distancing myself from him as much as possible and swallowing down the lump in my throat as I prepared to say something. I shivered, my body's response to what had happened earlier and then my eyes widened, trying to twist around but the teenage boy in front of me grasped my wrists to keep me from doing so.

He shook his head as i pleaded for him to let me go. That i had to see my dog. But Auric frowned, gripping me tighter and shook me a little to grab my attention.

"Thea!"

I blinked repeatedly, switching from one of his eyes to the other.

Auric sighed, shaking his head and told me that i didn't need to look behind me at the bodies on the floor. That it wasn't something i should burn into memory. I could feel my bottom lip trembling and whimpered out my dog's name.

The were-jerk dropped his gaze, shaking his head and I sobbed, pushing him away from me. I had to see for myself. There was no way that i could lose Newt. Not after how much i've grown to love that dog. He was all that i had besides my aunt.

I twisted around, my eyes catching sight of the others standing naked with their arms crossed, but warily staring at me. I pushed off the floor, my eyes switching to the living room where the large fluff of white and brown spotted dog was matted with blood. My knees felt weak the closer i got until i fell onto them, hesitant to touch my still dog. I whimpered out Newt's name, leaning forward and let my hand slowly caress down his blood coated fur.

I pulled my dog closer, cradling his head against my chest as I cried. My lips kept kissing his snout, wishing him to open his odd colored eyes and bark at me like he always did. I didn't want to lose him. I couldn't lose him too.

"Please... please, Newt..."

My fingers smoothed out the bloody fur around his mouth, his head limp against me. My eyes shut tightly, my tears stinging my eyes too much to keep them open. My body rocked back and forth on its own accord, swallowing hard the lump in my throat that resisted to go down. Sobs and hard breaths kept escaping me as I rocked my dead dog back and forth in my arms, wishing him out loud to come back. To not leave me.

I knew the others were watching... that they thought i was pathetic to cry over a dog but i didn't care. He was my friend. My only true friend... and he died trying to save me.

Someone walked up to me, kneeling behind me and touched my shoulder but i jerked it away, shouting, "Don't touch me!" Glaring sideways at whoever was there. I didn't want their comfort. Not when they didn't care to begin with. They didn't want me around before... so why were they here now?

I returned my attention to my dog, sniffling that he was such a good boy... such a good boy... and that i loved him with all my heart. the person standing behind me walked around me, kneeling in front of me this time and there he was again. Auric. I lifted my eyes to his and could see that he was staring down at my dog with an expression i'd never seen before.

His lips curled into a small smile---one that was... well new---and then his hand reached out to touch my dog. He grazed his hand down his coat, tilting his head to the side as he mumbled to me, "He fought well, Thea. He didn't die in vain either... you are still alive. Just as he intended."