☙33❧

At some point of having just sat on my bed i had apparently fallen asleep.

When I opened my eyes, i was slumped over the mattress with my legs hanging off the side. I winced, groaning a bit from the tingling sensation in my entire right arm that had fallen asleep along with me. My left hand gently grasped the middle of my forearm and squeezed it until I couldn't handle it anymore, then rolled around, hugging my tingling arm to me as I cursed under my breath.

Once its tingling subsided, I let out a long breath and stared up at the ceiling with my arms outstretched beside me. The quiet surrounding me caught my attention. I wrinkled my nose, tilting my head to the side as if I had super sonic hearing but still there was nothing to be heard.

I grunted as I pushed myself up and sulked once i was sitting on the edge of my bed. My eyes traveled to the clock beside my bed that read 9:37 in white. I hadn't realized how long I had fallen asleep. It's been about a good eight hours. How did I manage to sleep that long?

Letting out another huff of breath, I looked around my room; the lonely, emptiness overwhelming me.

And then I realized... I really missed Auric.

I looked around my person for where my phone was until feeling it in my back pocket. Pulling it out, my thumb swiped to unlock it to see messages from Christa, Josh, and Auric. I quickly tapped on the thirteen text messages from Christa; reading them briefly about how she was wondering where I was today, and if I was sick that she could come over with some ice cream and we could watch movies. Then she kept begging me to answer her before saying that she'd hopefully see me at school tomorrow.

My eyes widened as I took a deep breath. The girl was persistent. I'd give her that much.

Then there were Josh's text messages. He only sent three.

The first one was asking if I was in school today, just like Christa's. The second was then telling me that he was really worried about me and that the Six had disappeared from school all of a sudden and hoped that I was safe at home. The third text message made me narrow my eyes when he had the audacity to tell me to stay away from the Six because they were bad news, especially their ring leader.

Of course, you'd understand my offense to this accusation since I'm involved with their so called "ringleader".

I actually took the time to respond to Josh, frowning as I typed away.

I understand that you are looking out for me, for whatever reason that is. But i don't appreciate you judging the Six when you don't even KNOW them. So if you don't mind, please stop treating them like they are in the wrong with me. They have been more of a friend than you or Christa have.

My thumb hovered over the send button, rereading the text once more before sending it off. I then went to Auric's text message. The only one that he sent.

Potato... regardless of having to stay away from each other, we'll still be there.

You just won't know it.

I grinned reading his text message. You might think that was creepy, but I thought it was sweet. It was very... Auric; the guy who struggled with his feelings and had a hard time expressing them.

The time he sent that was around 2:15 so I replied back that I had fallen asleep when I got home and just woke up to see his message. A 'ping' from my phone had me glance down at it again and I bit my lip to keep from smiling when he wrote back.

Lazy ass.

Before I could tell him to shut up, he sent another text message that he really wanted to see me. I sighed, knowing that my aunt would not agree to letting me out right now when it was so dark out. Plus, I wasn't sure if Auric would be able to sneak out when his father probably had him on lock down too.