☙25❧

It felt weird knocking on the door to my own house.

And if felt even weirder when Aunt Pe---I mean, Penny Monroe opened the door with a worried look on her face. She looked like she hadn't been sleeping all night with the dark shadow under her eyes, and her normally tan complexion now pale.

"Thea..."

She looked behind me, as did I, at the group of people I had requested to meet me here for the final meeting before heading to the Society.

Mr. Dennison had walked from around the house with a group of men when the Six and I arrived in their car. The Alpha gave me a brief introduction to the fathers of the Six whom all didn't look as different from their offspring.

I could tell right away that the big, bulky man behind the group was Valentine's father. He wore the same stone-like expression as his son, minus the green-tips of hair. Then there was the man right in front of Valentine's father with the same piercing green eyes as his daughter. I gulped a bit at the familiar narrowed-eyed glare I was receiving from him. My eyes quickly turned away to the last man who I could safely assume was Easton and Langley's father from the wide smile his son inherited, and the blue eyes both siblings took on. The man also happened to be Asian, which made me assume that his wife was Caucasian to explain Easton's fair complexion and blonde hair.

After the introductions, the group turned their heads to the roaring of an engine to a vehicle that rapidly parked crooked alongside the road. My brows furrowed at this wild driver until he stepped out with his company, just as another vehicle parked right behind the first. Maddox slammed his car door shut, looking over the hood of the car at me with a raised brow.

I stepped forward, making my way halfway across the lawn to meet him. He glanced at the others behind me before greeting me with a low, "Thea."

"Maddox," i returned, looking away from him to the tall---and armed---men and one woman exiting the second vehicle.

They had these black straps crossing diagonally along their chests, and from my vantage point, I could see the hilts of what looked like swords for some, and the tips of crossbows, for others. Then there was the knives strapped along their thighs and shins; and their entire attire was in black with protective vests and combat boots. They looked like a type of enforcement.

I nodded in their direction, frowning, "Wanna explain the calvary?"

Maddox looked in the same direction i was then grinned, "That's my father and mother in the front there," he pointed to the approaching man and woman in the front with narrowed eyed gazes,"And they are with my boys' parents. The ones who could make it, at least."

I tilted my head when I looked back at him that there was to be no fighting going on. He nodded that he knew that, so I gestured an arm in the parents' direction and demanded to know why they were strapped like they were going into battle.

"They look like Hawk-Eye, Maddox! Look at 'em!"

Maddox sighed, shaking his head, "They know your conditions, Thea. I've explained this to them, and they have strict orders to follow what was asked. We are here on your terms. Promise."

I didn't know if i could trust him. I mean, he didn't tell me a lot of things---like that he was a Werewolf Hunter---and I didn't want the werewolves behind me to get hurt. They were already risking trusting one human, and i didn't want to make it a problem if they couldn't trust these particular humans because of a bad call on my end.

Swallowing down my nerves, I looked over at Mr. Dennison with a silent plea of what to do. He nodded his head once, a small smile on his lips as if to signal that i was doing fine. Turning back to Maddox, he faced away from me to the two parents standing in front of us now.