☙11❧

"Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up after school?" Aunt Penny asked as she pulled up to the front of it. There were still people loitering around, and i still had twenty minutes before the first bell rung. The glory of having a car and knowing how to drive...

I smiled, shaking my head that I would be fine.

"The construction that blocks my way home was finished up, i noticed, when we passed by. i won't have to take the long way home anymore."

Aunt Penny nodded, "Well alright then. Maybe Christa can give you a ride home then?"

I winced, keeping my eyes on my bag that i was zipping up. "Um... maybe. She might be busy or something."

Without pushing further, Aunt Penny leaned over to kiss my cheek and then waved me off. I smiled, wishing her a good day before climbing out of the car. I waved as she pulled away, disappearing then faced forward. letting my eyes wander the front yard of the school, i saw Trevor and his girlfriend with their usual popular crowd. Christa amongst them.

They were all laughing, not paying attention to anyone around. Then my eyes wandered to the left where some cars were parked and saw the Six loitering there. They were once again sitting on the hoods of their cars, either laughing, talking or hanging off one another. Dropping my eyes to the ground, I walked forward; my mission to get to my locker.

Of course, what's high school without a little drama?

A pair of sandled feet stopped in front of me and i lifted my eyes to the cold eyes of Athena. Her red hair tied back in a pony tail today that almost made her look like a normal teenage girl. Almost.

Her eyes turned steely, her grin threatening when she sneered, "Well if it isn't the little human? Where's your posse?" She chuckled, "Or should i say your protector?" Then her eyes glanced off to the side, and i followed her gaze.

Violet was in the middle of making out with Auric, her hands all over him while he was leaned back against the hood of his car. Without turning towards her, Athena whispered, "Looks like he's a bit preoccupied at the moment."

I narrowed my eyes, turning back to her and snapped that Auric wasn't my protector. That the Six and I were not associated with one another any longer.

"Ooo," she grinned, leaning back a bit at my attitude. "Someone sounds a bit bitter that they were replaced so quickly."

"What are you talking about?" i scoffed, trying to make my way around her, but she stepped in front of me, blocking my way again.

Athena raised a brow, smirking, "Well I'm talking about you and Auric of course.Or did you not notice how attached he had become to a pathetic little useless thing as you? There's obviously something about you if he's been sniffing your ass lately."

My jaw muscles worked themselves tightly, Athena noticing this because she laughed, "Relax, Human... i can't do anything here at school... but i'd be careful if i were you--when you do leave campus. Might not be the same."

"You can't touch me." i told her. Remembering about what the Alpha had told me, i reiterated to Athena that my land was wedged between the two packs, that my land was off limits.

Athena growled, her fists clenching as she told me that i wasn't a werewolf and didn't own land. But that basically my home was on no man's land and for a good reason they good go on the grounds. I raised a brow at this, this not having been told to me before. Maybe she was lying? Trying to scare me?

She was doing a good job of it too.

But i tried not to show it while sticking my chin up and narrowed my eyes, "i don't need Auric to protect me, Athena. But i do want you to know that you have to back off. i haven't done anything to you."