☙22❧

"What are you talking about? I don't have a grandfather!" I told Maddox, wincing as I sat up a bit more.

I told him that the only living relative to my mother was her younger sister who lived in the city at the time of the death of my parents. My Aunt Penny would have told me if I had a grandfather out there. She wouldn't have kept that a secret... Or my mother...

But the longer I thought on it, I remembered that my parents kept knowing about the Supernatural a secret. And again it just had me thinking about what else they were keeping from me. Such as having other relatives besides my aunt.

"Thea... I promise you that I'm not lying. He is your biological grandfather."

"So why now?" I asked him through blurry tears, "Why now is he suddenly looking for me? What does he want?"

Maddox hesitated as i sniffled and wiped the back of my hand under my nose. I know, very attractive. He glanced away from me at the werewolf standing a bit closer to me now and Maddox was about to raise his cross bow when I held up my hand.

"Don't! Maddox, don't! He's only protecting me!"

Maddox frowned, lowering his crossbow and lifted his eyes up to Auric before back at me.

"Protecting you? Wh---They don't protect people like us! They kill us if we haven't gotten to them first!" He snapped, giving Auric a glare.

I sighed, brows furrowing at his words. I shook my head and swallowed, "I'm not like you. I'm just Thea. Just because I have whatever bloodline that makes me different from every other human doesn't mean I'm just like you. I wouldn't hurt them."

The boy's eyes widened, blinking repeatedly before narrowing his eyes at Auric.

"You've corrupted her."

Auric's snarl, accompanied by his growl, made Maddox's hand tighten around the crossbow, but I shut my eyes and groaned.

"Would you two stop it?! Cheese and rice!" I cried, looking between the both of them. Auric glanced at me with his gold eyes, flicking them over to the other boy before i watched the tension slowly leave his shoulders---just a little bit.

I glared at the crossbow boy, telling him that I was under the protection of the Dennison pack for reasons that I was not going to give to him, and that Maddox was going to explain to me everything he knew about this grandfather of mine, what he knew about Werewolf Hunters, and what was so special about me that everyone was looking for me.

"But first," i groaned, glancing up at Auric, "I need to get this wound looked at."

Maddox asked, "How'd you get that anyway?"

I sighed that Mr. Ambers was a werewolf and tried to kill me. This obviously further convinced Maddox that I was not under the proper protection and shouldn't trust the werewolves. Any of them.

"Let's just... Just get me looked at and then we can continue this discussion... Okay?"

I raised my brows, leaning my head forward and waited for him to give me some sort of response. He looked conflicted---no doubt untrusting of Auric---about tagging along to the Dennison property. Which became an issue for the werewolf.

"Wait the holy fuckin' minute... He's not coming to the house!"

"Auric..."

"No, Thea! He's a god damn Werewolf Hunter! The pack will flip their shit at the first sight of him! We can sense them around, and you want for them to be fearful of the fact that a hunter will know where we are?!"