P2

Yugi's POV
After kindly asking a student to pass out textbooks, I half sat on the desk holding the remote for the whiteboard.

"Now everyone, please turn your textbooks to page 105. Today we will be learning about the origin of the Egyptian Items" I started. Turning the slide to flash a picture of the Egyptian Items.

"Does anybody know what and where the Egyptian Items are from?" I questioned the class. Earning a few confused looks and a hand that flew into the air.

"Yes, Micah?" I said,

"Well, I'm pretty sure it originated in Egypt that's really all" he mumbled enough for me to hear him.

"That's fine because that's why I'm here isn't it?" I cheerfully chimed causing him to smile slightly to himself relieved that I wasn't brutal.

"Well, Millennium Items are the seven treasures created from an ancient spell found in the Millennium Spellbook
in order to keep the ancient magic of the Shadow Games
locked up forever. The Millennium Stone in the village of Kul Elna
is the origin and resting place of the seven items, and also where Akhenaden sacrificed ninety-nine humans in order to create them. The Millennium Items are also mentioned in the description of Sengenjin
as well as being wielded by Ma'at." I explained to the class with pictures on the board. They face was tarnished with surprise and curiosity as they all leant forward eager to learn more. Hands flew up almost instantly.

"Yes, Miyu?" I answered.

"Sir, What could the Millennium Items do?" she excavated.

" The Millennium Items grant their chosen owners the powers of the Shadow Games, giving them access to ancient magic. The most standard are materialising Duel Monsters to command, communicating with spirits (Duel Monster or human), and casting Penalty Games on the loser of a Shadow Game that the owner played against. When a Shadow Game starts, using the magic of the items, players would send themselves into an alternate dimension where their duel won't be interrupted, and where cheating is forbidden, punishable by death. Outside of a game, in addition to their unique abilities, the items' power of the Shadow Games also allow the owners to harness dark magic that they can conveniently call upon for any purpose. The power within the Millennium Items lets their holders perform feats like erasing memories, putting people to sleep, cloaking himself and others from sight, interfering with the powers of other items, remote-viewing, etc. The items also give their owners protection from harm, and from other magic, including other Millennium Items."

I then explained quite pleased with the questions I was being asked.

"Sir What was the Millennium SpellBook?" A loud-mouthed student asked. But I wasn't irritated.

"Good question, "Sennen Majyutsu Sho" in Japanese is an ancient Egyptian Spell Tome dating many years before the time of King Aknamkanon. It is a dark spell originating from this spellbook that the 7 Millennium Items were created. Now going back to the original text, Kul Elna", they all were intrigued like they wished to know more.

" Kul Elna is a village where Aknadin
created the 7 Millennium Items, through the sacrifice of 99 human souls. Kul Elna was once a village of thieves and criminals and was chosen by Aknadin for that very reason. The requirements of the Dark Spell necessary to forge the Millennium Items included the sacrifice of 99 human souls, so Aknadin chose the darkest place in the Kingdom of Egypt in order to give power to the Items.
In the process, all the village's inhabitants were sacrificed and the village destroyed, with Aknadin apparently the only one who knew the village's location. There was, however, one survivor among Kul Elna's population: Thief King Bakura. The process would also result in the creation of Diabound, created by the extinct villagers' desire for revenge. Bakura would, fittingly, control it in order to avenge his slaughtered villagers." I explained, as more hands went up the bell rised from its temporary slumber. Groans erupted as the packed up. I stood at the door with homework.

"Now remember bring this next lesson its crucial, we will start to learn about Aknadin and the Shadow Games next class. Its a very dark subject" I explained and then passed homework to each person who left the room. I heard their loud and quiet voices exclaim thank you while chatter exciting things to eachother.

"Yugi! It seems 2nd class went well I guess" a very cheerful voice said.

"I guess yeah" I muttered back flustered.

"Hey Yugi, let's go out for a drink, on me" he said clearly excited as we walked over to staff room for a full and talkative lunch. But damn.. It was Friday.