bittersweet *mavi*

This is going to be based on the song Bittersweet by Ellie Goulding. (Yes, I know it was from Twilight, don't talk about it.) Naughty implied? Not sure if I would qualify this as angst. Here's the warning just in case.
***

"Your arms around me come undone. Makes my heart beat like a drum."

Avi opened the door quickly, hands fumbling with everything as Mitch followed him, still kissing and still grabbing. He shut the door and pushed Mitch against it, bracing his hands on either side of him and pulling back.

"What are we doing?" he asks.

Mitch grins at him, reaching out to grab Avi's shirt in his fists again.

"What we do every night."

Mitch kisses him, pulling him down and holding him there, reminding Avi of every reason why he does this. Mitch smells like alcohol and something sweet, something that's completely intoxicating at 1 am. He's wrong, though. They don't do this every night.

"See the panic in my eyes."

He'll forget again. He always does.

"Kiss me only when I cry."

The first time he ever kissed Mitch, they'd both been crying. They were drunk and had their own lives and their own problems.

"Cause you always want what you're running from."

Just once, Avi wants Mitch to remember. He wants him to realise what they are to each other, and make it real. He also hopes Mitch never comes to his senses.

"And you know this is more than you can take."

It's been months of this. Slight satisfaction and a restful sleep, only for Avi to wake up early and sneak back to his hotel room and pretend that he isn't running out of ways to temporarily put his heart back together.

"Baby, don't forget my name. When the morning breaks us."

Just once. Just once, Mitch, remember us. Please. Wake up next to me for just one day.

"Baby, please don't look away. When the morning breaks us."

He's starting to feel like the dead of night is the only time he's actually alive.

"Oh, your touch, so bittersweet."

Mitch is what he looks forward to most. The touch of his lips, the feel of his hands. He's the best secret in the world.

"Baby don't forget my name. When the morning breaks us."

Except Avi hates secrets. Hates hiding himself, what he does, who he loves. Who he gets to have a few nights a month. The person he gets to admire for only a few brief hours. The best hours of his life away from a performance.

"Cause you always want what you're running from."

"Avi," Mitch slurs in his ear. "Please. Come on."

Avi nods, grabbing Mitch's waist tightly and leading him to the bed. Mitch falls back and giggles up at him, spreading his arms across the duvet and biting his lip.

"And it's always been that way."

Avi pulls off his shirt. Again.