meet me later *scömìche*

non-band au. this idea came from a lovely anon on tumblr <3 (this was not given the love it deserved, I am so sorry) (and its long, should've been a 2 part but again, I'm sorry)

Mitch only had a blog for about a month before the first message came in. It was an anon that said, "Hey, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind getting to know each other?"

Obviously he was excited, but he was also a little bit terrified. Who wanted to talk to him? And why? He didn't do much on his blog other than reblog everyone else's posts. But he decided to give it a shot.

"Yeah, that'd be great! Come off anon so I can know who you are?"

His hands were shaking slightly as he sent that message off, wondering what would happen. Would they even see it? Would they change their mind? He'd have to wait and see.
****

It'd been two days since the first anon when Mitch got his reply. It was from a blog that seemed to be like his, a miscellaneous picture attached to a silly url.

"Hey. My name is Scott, what's yours? (same messenger from before)"

Mitch was at work when he saw it (yeah, yeah, why is he on tumblr at work in the first place) but Kirstie seemed to be able to handle everything long enough for him to answer.

"hi Scott, I'm Mitch. what's up?"

He cringed as he sent that one, making sure he definitely clicked 'answer privately' before. Awkward, awkward, awkward. He didn't have much time after that before Kirstie was calling to him to help and he had to leave his phone in his jacket again. If Scott answered, he wouldn't know until closing.
/
While Kirstie locked up the front doors, Mitch hurriedly checked his phone. There were two messages, both from Scott.

"Nothing much, just glad you answered (:"

Mitch wasn't even going to go anywhere near that one yet. And -

"Sorry, sorry. I am the most awkward person in the world."

Mitch smiled to himself, ignoring Kirstie sighing at him and trying to physically push him out the door.

"You're blushing," she said. "Are you on grindr again?"

"What?! No!"

She laughed at him as she headed to her car, leaving Mitch by the door, completely confused as to what to say to Scott.
****

They started out awkward and shy like that at the beginning, as they should, but soon Mitch was becoming comfortable with Scott. They messaged each other everyday, working out a schedule that leaves them time between their separate jobs. After a while, Mitch was more than curious.

"I want to know what you look like." He sent to Scott one day. They'd been talking for almost two months. Mitch was curious about a lot of things.

Scott's reply was almost instant. "Why?"

"I don't know. I bet you're hot."

"yeah? imagining what I look like?"

Mitch rolled his eyes, smirk still on his face. Best thing about Scott, he and Mitch were a lot alike.