playlist *scömìche*

(they're already dating)

Scott groans into his pillow, the walls in his bedroom practically vibrating from the volume of the music playing in the living room. Mitch came home late, Mitch came home drunk, and now he's playing the strangest set of songs Scott has ever heard at 12:30 am. He recognises a song by the Struts and a few by Hozier and Lana Del Rey, all in all a very strange playlist for Mitch. Scott's pretty sure none of these artists fit in with his usual weird, dance songs that he's always talking about.

He can hear Mitch singing just loud enough to be heard along with each song, and small, random thuds that make Scott think he's actually dancing around their apartment. What did he drink?

Scott lets him go for twenty more minutes to see if he'll stop and go to bed on his own, but when it persists, he gets out of bed reluctantly. They're going to get even more noise complaints, Scott doesn't know how the police aren't at their front door yet.

Opening the door to his room, its even worse. Now that he no longer has the sound barrier, the music hits him full force. Right now, it's a song by Clean Bandit, probably something Avi got him listening to, and Scott cringes. Loud music is okay in only two situations: 1. at a concert. And 2. at a party. Since they are at neither, Scott isn't up for it.

He was right, though. He finds Mitch in the living room, spinning and twirling with his arms out, completely oblivious to the fact that the whole place is shaking from it. Part of him thinks the whole thing is adorable, but the more sleep deprived part of him wants to throw to the stereo out the window and lock Mitch is his room or Scott's.

He grabs Mitch's hand during a spin, pulling him into his chest and putting his mouth near his ear so that he doesn't have to scream so loud.

"What are you doing?"

Mitch smiles up at him. "Dancing!"

Scott rolls his eyes. "I figured that out already. Why?"

"I was hoping you'd join me!"

Mitch takes both of his hands and tries to pull him to dance, but Scott doesn't move.

"Mitch, it's almost 1 in the morning."

Mitch rolls his eyes and spins over to the stereo and finally, thankfully, turns off the volume. He puts his hands on his hips, staring at Scott accusingly.

"You wouldn't come out with me, so I brought the party back here and you won't do that either!"

"How much have you had to drink?"

Mitch sighs. "A lot, probably."

Scott laughs, holding out his arms. Mitch slowly walks over to him and hugs him.

"You ruined my party," Mitch mumbles against his shirt.

Scott rolls his eyes, more amused than anything. Mitch is always the best when he's drunk, even more funny than he normally is.

"I love you, too. No more loud music after midnight."

"Fine."
*************

I dunno. not the best, but oh well. I think the idea of this happening is cute. oh, and the artists listed as examples are artists that I like, I just went down my music and picked some random ones. in case you cared