Chapter 3- Panic

You whined as you see your 'mom' leaving out of the human sized door after an hour's of lessons of simple english. Amazingly, you get gather information faster than a computer. Okay, okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but from Alice's perspective, she can see that you can a genius if you were a human.

What the fuck did they bred to make you? To make you a genius?

Scientists had never ever researched on how you can be smarter than an average person if they taught you how to be.

You growled and looked over to the glass that the scientists were usually standing but you saw no one there. You growl happily and walked over to the forty feet wall made of cement and gave a weird smile before smashing your claws into it and dragging it down, making very deep scratch marks. You did it a few more times, making sure to not draw attention to the noise from others as much as possible.

You purr loudly before going into the deep part of the jungle where they can't see you that easily. You decided you were very indeed eager to see the outside world and to see your mother again. You wait patiently for someone to get interested with those claw marks.

After a few minutes, you hear a door open an the fat security guard walking in with a donut in hand a coffee cup in the other, heading towards his desk and eating his snack. You stare at him for a few moments until a shiver ran down his back. He raises his eyebrows and looks into the paddock but see nothing and instead see a forest with a wall made of cement. You shift to more comfortable position. You were about to close your eyes when, "So, what's this thing made of?"

Your eyes snapped open and your senses heightened. You look into the glass container that is mostly filled with people. The familiar redhead, who was tapping on one of the screens in the room, and a middle aged man, who can not be seen due to the shadow casting over him, entered the room. You stayed silent. You knew that this would do the trick the moment they both noticed the scratch marks.

The man walked out of the shadow, and the moment you laid your golden eyes on him, everything around you stopped, frozen. It was as if you lost all control over your thoughts and senses. Your senses stopped working for a split second and a millio- no, billion thoughts ran through your mind. Time stood frozen as you stare into his green eyes; that were observant, calculative and alluring. You blink and everything returned back to its normal state. That moment was breath-taking. Your heart started beating rapidly against your rib-cage as you realised. He was your mate. You gulped but stayed in place, not wanting to blow your cover to get out of this place once and for all.

"The base genome is T-Rex. The rest is...classified," the redhead says, her eyes scanning the forest. The man steps closer to the left side of the room, away from the redhead. "You made a new dinosaur, but you don't know what it is?" The guy says, his hands on his waist.

"The lab delivers us finished assets, and we show them to the public," the woman says, her face contorting into a look of confusion and slight irritation. You almost growled at the word 'assets'. You despis- no, you hated that word with a burning passion. Ever since that annoying redhead started the sentence with 'the asset', you knew she was referring to you and you hated that word ever since.

"Can we drop a steer, please?" She asks, looking around for you while walking closer to the glass. A buzzing sound was heard an almost immediately, a huge slab of cow meat and fat dangled from a hook. Temptation then starts to nag at the back of your head. The growl in your tummy doesn't help either. "How long has the animal been in here?"

"All its life," the woman bluntly said, tapping her finger across a touch-screen pad while glancing up to look into the forest. "Never seen anything out of these walls?" He asks, leaning closer to the glass to take a peek into the greenery.