Chapter 9-What the F-

A/n: this chapter is when you tell me you have a request and comment on this part by commenting on this chapter to follow you so we can Private message. After that, you tell me your request and I'll respond by either saying that 'PERFECT!!!' Or 'I'll put it on my list!!!' Or 'Kinda filled to the brim... Sorry but I'll put it on hold!!!' Or 'It's been suggested already... Sorry :('

Still deciding whether to change the reader to a human for smut. So PM me your vote as well!!! :D Love ya! Muah!

After Owen small moment with you, you were bursting with happiness and ate your dinner without stress at all. You were starting to love this life. After being fed and petted by everyone (except for Claire), you ate alone and everyone went back to their hotel rooms, all except Alice and Owen- who had promised they would meet each other after.

Alice pushed the door open, walking in and flipping the light switch on. They both were in the modifying genetics lab. White lights, blue screens and machines were turned on by that simple switch. After your dinner, some employees went back to work, continuing with what they were doing. Even some of the visitors went back to their hotels, the ones who couldn't get the next ride back to the main island. The hallways were semi-filled, tension hung in the air while people stared at Alice and Owen heading towards the lab.

His eyes wandered around the lab, catching several tanks that contained a snake, cuttlefish and other creatures that helped to build you. But the last one interested him the most. Zylon frogs. They were frogs that had specific mates chosen for each and everyone of them. Sometimes its mate is a different species of frogs.

He shook his head, eyes squinted. Alice headed over to a touchscreen and opened up the file 'Irex'. She tapped another file called 'Zylon' and a hologram showed up. Her eyes shot up, staring at the frog that was the size of a raptor. The dirty-blonde took multiple steps towards Alice, stopping right beside her as his eyes were glued on the bright blue hologram glaring right back at his face. "Zylon frog. (Y/n) has the genetics of a Zylon frog. Those frogs often mate with a specific other, occasionally with a different species to expand their kin."

Alice looks over to Owen, his eyes still fixated while given this information.

"Do you get it?" Alice asks, hands resting on the screen while leaning forwards. Her head turns to Owen, waiting for an answer.

"Get what?" He asks, looking back at Alice then glimpsing at the hologram. Alice sighs, pushes herself off the table and stands up straight, walking behind Owen and standing on the other side. "Zylon frogs usually act unusual when they first encounter their mate. Most of the time, their pupils dilate, their heart rate and pulse increases and their vision becomes fixated on their mate and only their mate."

Owen's head was jumbled. Dots were connected in his head in a flash, remembering what symptoms he had when first staring into your eyes. His eyes turned dark and were unreadable. "I suspect that she acted the same way when she first saw you."

"You don't think that..." Owen started but Alice finished it. "Yes... You're her mate."

Owen was hit over in the head with a brick, realisation hitting him right in the face. He was totally robbed of speech. He was scared. He was confused. And most of all, he was concerned. "What the f-"

"Shh!" Alice hissed, slapping a hand over his mouth, his eyes widening and brows raising. He shoved her hand away and chuckled. "I'm taking it you hate cursing."

"Heard my grandchildren cursing for the first time and I was very... Very... How do I put it?" Alice says, raising an eyebrow. Few seconds passed, Owen was smirking as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Pissed off," she states, finally finding the word. She sighs and walk over to the tank that held the frogs, Owen's eyes trailing after her. He sighs as well. "Look, I heard from Claire that during summer you have to spend time with your family, so...why not I take care of (Y/n) for you? I have raptors, so it might be an easy task fo-"

"No, you don't understand, I have to take care of her now because she escaped, she would be in a small trance tomorrow, most definitely not remember some of what happened today," Alice interrupted him, turning around while Owen stood at the screen. Alice had the face of 'don't you dare'.

He walked over to her fast, "I promise I'll take care of her. You just go spend time with your family, and besides, I'm her supposed mate."

A/n: Sorry that this was short. I just wanted to cut it off here. Also, since the holidays are coming, I should have twice as more time to write and keep the good comments rollin in, because without them, I wouldn't have the motivation to write anything at all.

About the PM thing, I really do want to involve you guys into this story, keep the story fresh and somewhat original!  The next chapter would be the first request that appears in my inbox section (so I suggest to ask me to follow you if you want your request to be in the next one). See ya in the next one.

PEACE!