Chapter 4- Escape

A metal clang was heard, and your eyes twitched, your senses telling you to look to your side. You then see the fat security guard, a construction worker and your mate walking through the jungle-like habitat. The dead leaves and old bones crunching under their boots, making more noise than they actually should. Owen took a good look of his surroundings, making sure you don't pop out of nowhere and start gobbling him up. You knew that would never ever happen as he was mate, and he couldn't see you when you're camouflaged against the leaves and trees. The only thing that gave you away from your camouflage was your golden snake-like eyes that amazingly had flecks of (e/c) within them. You tried our hardest to not go for the slab of meat that was still dangling from the crane or not to go eat the fat security guard. But either way, they're both delicious to you.

Once your targets went to the opposite side of the habitat, Owen went straight for the scratch marks, placing his fingers on it to see how deep it is. He notes to himself you probably have the sharpest claws in the entire park, since nothing could make scratches identical to this unless it's raptors. The fat guard, the construction worker and Owen moves their heads up, craning their neck to see what's the damage you've done to this cement wall.

"That wall is forty feet high. Do you really think she could have climbed out?" The security guard inquires, his stare on the scratch marks hardening and was suddenly filled with fear. "It depends."

"On what?"

"What kind of dinosaur they cooked up in that lab," Owen glares at the wall, trying to think of how- a huge dinosaur- could have climbed over a wall without making a single sound.

"Wait, what the hell?" Lowery exclaims, seeing the blinking red dot exactly where your habitat is. "It's in the cage."

"Not, that's not possible. I was just there," Claire says, her brows furrowing in fear, worry and confusion. "Claire, I'm telling you, she's in the cage! Wait a sec, there are people in there."

"Paddo- ... 11, this is contr-... You need to eva-...ate the cont-... area. -...ddock 11? Paddock 1-*static* -o you copy?" A voice says on the security guard's walkie-talkie. Your mouth starts to water at the thought of eating something since you haven't eaten anything in a long time. You knew what was happening. They know you're in there with them.

"It's in the cage! It's in there with you!" Everyone's blood in the paddock went cold and still, realisation hitting them in the face. They all took a glimpse of each other before Owen yells out, "GO!"

They all start running for their lives, heading to the small door on the opposite side. (Seriously, doe they could have put a small door beside the bigger one) Cold, pure fear gripped their racing hearts. The fat guy slows down, looks forwards to see you emerge from your forest. Vibrations were felt throughout the forest floor, Owen and the construction worker halting in their tracks as you stared at them.

Two steps. You took two steps out of your hiding spot and you send them running away for their lives. Panic and terror filled their eyes in an instant when you stand up to your full height. Bloody sharp teeth, sharp thin terrifying claws, white leathery skin and blood red eyes were shown to the three of your 'visitors'. You start catch up with them with your huge heavy feet, leaving footprints that were as big as a human body. You growl loudly enough for one of them to whimper loudly. You see all of them heading towards the big door instead of the small one; the one which you blocked their path of ever escaping, forcing them to leave through the big gates.

Owen ran as fast as his legs could take him, his arms swinging as his heart thumped against his ribcage like an African drum. You raced after them, your claws grabbing the one closest to you, puncturing your talons into the construction worker's gut, blood spilling out and into your mouth as you latched your strong jaw on his chest and crushed it with simple bite. The man's bones shattering under the pressure of your mouth and hands, the sweet taste of blood flowing down your throat. The man's screams and his body went limp were immediately cut off the moment you bit his upper body off.

In a moment of desperation to catch your mate, you dropped the leftover body of the your snack and quickly trailed after him.

Owen starts to hear your deep huffs and loud growls, adrenaline pumping through his veins as he glances behind to see you stumble over a fallen tree, the ground beneath him shaking as you came closer, and closer to your supposed victim. Your claws almost reached out to him if not for him passing through the gates that were opened by the stupid security guard.

Owen spot a truck that had space underneath that was big enough for him to fit in. He immediately slid on the floor, stopping once underneath and turning his body around to see you struggle with the gates. Screams of men faded as the rest who worked on the paddock fled from the dangerous scene.

The gates were quickly destroyed by your strength as you pushed through the doors that kept you in isolation for so long. You stumble in and gave a roar, your senses flaring, telling you there's two humans hiding away from you. You sniffed the air, smelling more of the fat security guard. The smell of fear fills your nostrils, but one stronger than the other.

Owen watches from afar, fear gripping his heart as he stares at the talons on your feet, observing the scales that covered your pale skin. His eyes moving up to your thighs as you stomp towards of the behind of the car the security guard was hiding. Owen's eyes flashed with dread as anxiety and butterflies fill his stomach. You growl, your tail sliding across the back of the car, the security guard glances behind and whimpers, grabbing the cross on his neck then kissing it, silently praying. You growl with satisfaction, your hand cupping the underside of the car, moving your limb up and flinging it. The car landing right beside the other truck that had Owen cowering in pure dread of his life, going on his stomach to see what's gonna happen next.

The security guard cried, his tears rolling down his pale cheeks as he locked eye contact with Owen, knowing full well his end is near. After a moment or two, your snout went into Owen's line of vision, your mouth enveloping half of the fat man, your teeth sinking right into his skin and stomach, blood staining your teeth. The sound of blood splattering reach Owen's ears, making him cringe.

In an instant, Owen rolled over so he's lying down. Then, grabs his knife, cuts the gasoline tube and spread it all over his torso, the smell of gasoline in the air.

You walk over to the other car, a growl and a purr coming from the back of your throat. You place your hands onto the ground, supporting yourself while leaning down, your tail swishing behind you. The familiar pale snout was seen by Owen in the corner of his eyes, shutting them and holding his breath.

You huff softly, the gross smell of gasoline and a hint of the smell of your mate filled your nostrils. The roots of your teeth had blood dripping down from them as more blood dribbled down your chin. You sniffed the air, opening your mouth to give a soft roar and a disappointing purr slipped out of your mouth right after. You stand up straight, your eyes turning back to the normal golden snake-like eyes. You felt betrayed about the fact that your mate ran off without you. If you could, you would have sighed but instead gave a huff and started heading towards the direction of the forest.