Chapter 8- Feeding Time

Your eyes shot open when you hear the familiar clang from the opening of the small door across the big gates. You gave a yawn-like roar and blinked, getting up to your feet. You smell the familiar Alice, redhead, Barry, your mate and four others you don't recognise. You turn your head and walk over to the wall of trees, preventing you from seeing your visitors. Obviously, you ate the slab of meat that was dangling off the huge hook. But it wasn't enough for you. You sniffed the air, smelling two different types of meat. You growl and huff.

"(Y/n)!" Alice calls out, hitting a random stick on her metal bucket full of meat, clangs echoing throughout the quiet forest. All the adults were carrying a huge bucket of meat each while the two boys shared carrying one. The lights that were situation at the top of cement walls were on full blast, briefly blinding some of the guests.

Claire and Alice had changed their clothes since they were sweaty and icky. They changed into more comfortable and flexible clothing.

Lowery looked over to Vivian, hesitation and fear in his eyes. Vivian copied his look but with a bit of hope.

You growl and step out, startling everyone except Alice, all it did was put a smile on her face. You roar before your eyes changing colour to the crimson red shade, looking at everyone.

Lowery, Claire, Vivian and Zach wanted to run. But the others just stood their ground. You stop and tilt your head. You rumble and your eyes turn back to normal. The air was heavy and thick. It sure was quite stuffy since you were breathing in their faces. A low growl erupted from your throat. You purr and lean down, getting closer to Alice who put down her bucket and started scratching under your chin.

Golden snake-like eyes stared into everyone's soul as Alice warns, "Try not to show any fear. If you do, she'll try to tease you."

"H-How?" Lowery asks. Alice turns her head to him. "By scaring you even more."

An audible gulp came from Claire. Alice chuckles. Owen just observes. Gray drops the bucket and jogs over to Alice. "Can I?" He asks, a hand slowly reaching out, looking at you for acceptance. You glance over to Alice then looked back at Gray.

You bob your head, Alice's hand was then pulled away. Owen and Barry stares mouth gaped in amazement. You just freaking responded to his question!

The thirteen/twelve year old boy just smiles and slowly leans his hand in. The worried ones just stared in fear and anticipation. Gray's hand was going so slow so instead, you huff in his face and lean in, making your lower jaw touch his soft small hands.

You purr, close your eyes and enjoy the feeling of a light graze on your jaw. Since your skin was so thick, you couldn't feel most of what he's doing. Vivian suddenly had a boost of confidence since she went beside Gray and laid a hand on your snout, startling you. You peek one eye open to see Vivian nervously and awkwardly scratching your snout. You close your eyes again.

Barry smiles and pats Claire-who looks like she shit her pants- on the back. "She won't hurt you. I guarantee it," Claire looks up to him, her expression unreadable.

(Do you guys mind if there's a relationship between Claire and Barry? I don't know why. It's probably because I want Owen to get jealous and get comforted by you)

She nods stiffly. So far, the guests of the park have evacuated including most of the staff. That explains why it was so empty.

Alice had a smile on her face. "Alright, guys. Split up, we're here to feed (Y/n)," Alice says, bringing up the bucket to her chest. Gray and Vivian look over to her and nod, a dazed look on their faces.

You stand up straight again and leaned up, up to your full height. Since after standing up straight you were quite far away from Alice,  she had to walk closer to where you were, the others following her actions.

You glimpsed at the bucket, the aroma of raw meat reaching your nose and immediately you stomp your foot. Alice shushed you and gestured your head to come closer to her small figure. You lean a bit closer and suddenly, you lost all your self-control and hooked one of your claws into the handle of Vivian's bucket, dangling it over your mouth and tilt it, all its contents pouring into your mouth. Vivian screamed when she thought you were going to slash her with your killer claws.

Owen walked to the side of Alice who had her hands resting on her hips while staring at you eating your dinner. Owen put his bucket down onto the floor, not wanting to be nearly caught in your claws like Vivian. His eyes were glossy right away when he stares back into your eyes. He then feels like everything stopped in a millisecond around him, freezing everything except you. His eyes were unblinking and his face was confused. Silence was loud as fuck in his ears but the only thing he could hear was your breathing; everyone stood frozen. This happened for a few more seconds until he let out a deep breath he didn't even knew he held in, then everything went back to normal, everyone's voices reached his ears.

Alice was waving a hand in front of his dazed face, his eyes staring hard at you; her expression confused when he didn't respond for the first six seconds. "Owen, are you okay?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed but when he came back to his senses, he flinched and finally looked back at her. "Uh, what?"

"I said: are you okay?" She repeated, her eyes fixated on him, reading his expression. His eyes flicker from you to Alice, then stared into your eyes again for a second; wondering why it didn't happen that time. "No- wait, yeah... Actually, I don't know... Everytime I look into (Y/n)? Is that her name? (Y/n)'s eyes, something weird always happens to me."

His face contorted into a look of fear and hesitation. Alice stared at him like he was crazy. Then almost immediately, a light bulb lit up over Alice's head and realisation dawned onto her; her eyes becoming one of anticipation and nervousness. She lowered her voice to a hushed whisper, "I think I know what is goin' on between both of you. Meet me later in the genetics lab, alright?"

Owen raised an eyebrow but nodded, curiosity nipping at the back of his head and tugging at his stomach. He expected Alice to grin like she usually does but instead, she gave him a quick look of pure horror. Now, Owen was legitimately scared.

Owen looks up to see you at his eye-level, your head tilted slightly as you stare into his green orbs. He jumped, his eyes wide but he kept his composure. You glance between him and the bucket, but you ignore the meat-filled bucket and leaned in closer to Owen. Warm breath brushed against Owen's skin, a chill running down his spine and goosebumps appearing on his skin.

Owen glances over to Alice who tried to hide her smile. You lean in closer, your teeth only a few inches away from his face, his eyes studying yours. "What is she doing?" He asks, his eyes flickering over to Alice who just chuckled. You stayed still; observing his figure that had more than a man's average muscle mass. For a human, he was really attractive, and you can sense that the redhead in the back think so too.

"She wants you to pet her," she replies, crossing her arms across her chest. Owen winced, almost visibly surprised. He gulped, his Adam's apple rising and sinking back down. A huff of air brought Owen to have more fear in his gut.

Owen lifts a hand and your eyes flashed red for a split second, thinking he was going to attack you. But instead, he lays that hand gently on your skin. Everyone watched, a small conversation breaking out within the group. His hand feels warm and soft on your rock-hard skin, you eyes shutting close and your arms curling to your chest. Owen visibly relaxes, his shoulders felt as if a hundred pounds was lifted off of it. The corner of his lips start to twitch, a small smile spreading across his cheeks. A growl erupted from your throat, a warm feeling spreading throughout your chest.

Owen chuckles, almost too happy that you didn't see him as a threat. You didn't need to because he was your mate. And he's a mate you don't ever want to lose.