Chapter 6- Caught

Blue almost lunged at the nearest soldier until...

"STOP THIS RIGHT NOW (Y/N)!" Alice runs out of the jeep she was in and jumps over the log that everyone was situated at, a hand in front of her. Everyone froze. Their voices caught in her throats as they watch Alice stand confidently (and angrily) in front of a killing machine. You stop for a moment, your eyes catching your mom looking at you as if you've done something wrong. You stare at her hand. You roar at the raptors to step down, since they were starting to gather around Alice, ready to attack under your command.

You huff and take a step back, leaning down to her eye-level and opening your mouth slightly, giving a some sort of soft innocent rumble. Your eyes turn from the blood red to your normal golden-snake ones. You huff once more, blowing the hair out of Alice's face and ruffling her already stained and muddy clothes.

Her hand was still out, her other limb on her side, making it visible to you that she's not hostile. You bob your head slightly, shutting your eyes and leaning in to her hand as if on instinct.

A cashmere grin broke out from Alice's face, her eyes softened and all anger disappeared. Multiple gasps were heard and more cocks of guns sounded. You flinch at the sound but Alice quickly started rubbing your snout.

Owen gapes at what was happening, the grip on his gun loosening. His mouth was wide open with surprise, his eyes looked like they were in a daze. The raptors, who still had the annoying cameras attached to their heads, stood their ground, their stares still lingering on each person.

Alice put more pressure into scratching you since your skin was so thick. A relieved sigh escapes her lips. You rumbled, peeking an eye open to see Owen staring at the interaction between you two. You stand up straight, startling Alice who jumped back. You take a huge breath and gave the loudest roar you've ever let out. Everyone was pressing their palms to their ears, glaring at you before you stopped. You huff and stand to your full height.

You slowly walked over Alice, since you were really tall. You headed towards Owen. Everyone had their guns up as quick as lightning, their fingers lightly pressing the trigger. On accident, Owen stares fearfully into your eyes.

All of a sudden, a head-splitting pain erupted in his brain, and he stood up, his hands letting go of his gun and started holding his head in his hands. He bit his lip from screaming out, eyes shut. You growl. You walk closer to Owen, a rumble bubbling in your throat.

The hand of Barry almost touched Owen's shoulder if not for your sudden roar. Your jaw opened ninety degrees, your claws reaching out to Barry who jumped back in surprise and had his gun up. Alice watched with shocked eyes and see what pain Owen has to go through.

You close your mouth and faced Owen, and slowly approached him by leaning down and pressing your hands onto the floor. You were eye-level with him, your eyes observing his actions. You tilt your head.

Alice wondered why the hell no one tried to you by now.

"What the hell are you doing?! Shoot her now!" One of the soldiers said, and other followed his actions by shooting on the back and neck. You roar, stepping closer to Owen and sliding your hands around his torso, and brought him closer to your chest, making sure that he doesn't get shot. You feel Owen struggling under your hand but you just squeezed tighter.

Light flashes into your eyes everytime someone shoots, blinding you for a brief moment. Alice runs to the closest person to her and shove the gun out of their hands, "Hold your fire!"

You roar and make sure your back is facing the men; making Owen safer than he already is. The raptors then start attacking some of the guards; their screams echoing throughout the dark jungle as the animals' teeth sink into their flesh. You turn around, your tail curling around you slightly, and face Alice who hid behind a tree, away from the raptors and the shooting.

Without warning, you grab her waist with your other hand, making her scream but kept silent when your familiar leathery skin grazed hers. You then stomped over to the vines, shielding yourself from the leftover guards who were either running away from the raptors or shooting you. You then lean closer to the ground and put Owen-who was still in deep pain- and Alice down onto the lush filled floor, spinning around once more to leave. You emerged from the leaves, a loud roar coming out of your mouth.

Owen shakes his head as he looks around in his spinning world. He sees Alice's hand on his shoulder as she looks at him with a look of concern. He sees double of Alice, the back of his eyes experiencing more pain than any part of his head. "Are you okay?" He shakes his head again, his eyes and face in a daze. "What?...... Yea-"

Owen's vision starts to blacken before he could finish his answer, Alice calling out to him before slipping into unconscious. His shoulder hitting the floor as he lays down.

You grab onto the closest person to you, who was unfortunately Barry. Just as you were about to bite of his head, "(Y/n)! Drop him!"

You turn your head to look at Alice who had a mad expression on her face. A moan-like sound reached Barry's and Alice's ears, sounding like a whiny child. Barry looks between you and Alice, his eyes wide and his chest heaving up and down. You (sort of) roll you eyes and let go of him, his legs buckling under him once he touches the ground, his eyes still has that look of insanity and fear. "Barry, Owen's in there. Bring him to the infirmary. I'll bring (Y/n) back to her habitat," Alice says, her orbs not leaving yours. He nods vigorously before stand in up and stumbling towards the wall of vines.

Alice takes a few paces towards you, her eyes unreadable as you lean down to her height slowly. "(Y/n), please come home with me. You'll be safe there!"

You grunt, your eyes flashing red for a split second before turning back to normal. She sighs and ran her hand through her icky blonde hair that had gone through hell looking for you in the jungle. "(Y/n), I don't see what's the big deal. I'll come with you if you come with me," she offers, her hands stretching out to rub your snout. You tilt your head and bobbed it as if you're nodding your head.

The jungle was eerily quiet. No raptors, no soldiers and no vehicles left behind, since the last jeep was being taken by Barry who was struggling to bring Owen to the jeep. You hear Barry grunt and you look into the direction of where he was. Barry looked up to meet your gaze and he froze, his heart racing. He held Owen by under his arms, dragging him towards the unoccupied jeep. You rumble and walk over to him, and immediately Barry let go of Owen and stepped back, his back against the jeep. You lean into his face and he turns his head, shutting his yes tightly. You huff in his face, warm air blowing on his dark and sweaty skin. You sniffed him, the scent of fear filled your nostrils as your eyes stared at him.

Alice watched carefully, making sure you don't bite any of his limbs off. She lets out a sigh of relief when you take a step back and stared down at Owen. You growl and snatch him into you hand, moving over to the jeep, Barry getting out of your way as you gently placed Owen in the back seat. You grunt, your eyes glowing a (e/c) before returning back to normal. Your throat starts to burn, meaning that you have to eat... Now.