Chapter 13

A/n:I'm writing another Jurassic World story but the reader is a raptor, and there won't be a lot of romance as the reader wouldn't turn into a human. It's called 'Safe and Sound' you can check it out if you're interested.

Leaves slapped the arms of Owen as he rides on his motorcycle, a thin trail of smoke and mud splattering behind follows him, his eyes focused, muscles tensed, adrenaline running through his veins and hands with a vice-grip held onto the handles. His frantic thoughts didn't help his thudding heart, praying to God that you hadn't eaten anyone. Yet.

Owen didn't really belive in any type of religion, but it seemed appropriate when a twenty feet tall abomination disappears and starts trudging through the forest, fully capable of destroying a park. A shiver ran down Owen spine, thinking of how would the park end up if Alice hadn't shown up. Signs of a big creature walking through a forest was starting to show. Few plants stamped onto the ground and thin trees knocked over.

Sure, he hadn't contacted anyone yet as he knew the news would send everyone into panic mode, knowing the dinosaur that almost wrecked the park was back in business.

While Owen was trying to figure out how the hell you vanished into thin air, you were busy following the tracks that led to another big dinosaur. You weren't exactly hungry as you already ate the night before. How? You didn't remember.

Starting to get irritated by the unfamiliar trees, your tail shifted as and your fists clenched. You swore you had remembered everything in detail from your paddock. From how many trees to how many leaves each of the trees have. You even remembered where you specifically put all the bones from previous meals, including your sister.

Over the past months after her death, you start to realise how quiet and isolated you actually are without your sister, remembering how her bones easily crushed within your mouth, and how delicious her blood tasted at that time. You had despised your actions, hoping you could take back the horrific things you've done. Alice didn't even come close to your paddock within the first month of your sister's death, spiraling you into depression and anger, becoming a recluse.

Even after Alice got back to her normal self, you became more emotionless, responding less to the visitors you get everyday at the paddock. Alice did notice your strange behaviour, and tried to consult you, almost resulting in you slashing her arm; leaving the scar that she had shown to Barry before. If Alice hadn't told you that you were hurting her, you would've made her bleed to death.

Owen freezes in his seat, his expression faltering as he hears the familiar thudding. He slows down his vehicle, face emotionless. He swung his leg over the motorcycle while keeping his hands on the motorcycle's handle.

As he gets on his two feet, he starts to push the motorcycle into the direction of a huge fern, hoping to hide successfully hide the bike and look for you.

Whipping his head around to look for any sign of you, he gulps. Few seconds later, he found himself trudging through the forest, making sure to make the least amount of noise possible. He wasn't sure if he was scared of you or just the fact that he was your supposed mate, a knot eventually twisting in his stomach. He almost went sick when he heard Alice's words.

You, on the other hand, are not that quite upset, as it was nature that brought you two together. You can feel it. Yes, you were a creation out of the lab, but at least now you've stopped your rampage due to your mate's appearance. The redhead that you often see gives you a tug at your stomach, especially when you see her close to your mate. You didn't know why, though. Maybe it was a good thing, but the feeling is quite unpleasant. Alice told you something about that feeling, and described it as a 'one eyed green monster'.

Owen stalked through the thick forest, now seeing the muddy footprints on the ground. Suppressing a shiver, he went on, swatting away insects and pushing away the leaves that get into his face. This happens for the next few moments, swatting, pushing and grimacing. He ignores the beads of sweat on his forehead due to the humidity of the forest.

As he tries his hardest to catch your thundering footsteps, he didn't realise the white scales that almost brushed against him due to the close proximity. Your throat rumbles as you feel a presence around you, but you shrugged it off, thinking of it as an animal.

Owen's eyes widened, his breath hitches, heart suddenly picking up speed and his body tenses. He slowly turns his head to see you walk into the opposite direction of where he is standing. He breathes a soft sigh of relief, wiping away his sweat with the back of his hand. As he studies your posture, he stops and looks at you.

You almost looked lost and it seemed that you were wondering around aimlessly. Your jaw slacked, body tensed and eyes angry. To him, you looked confused. He softly hums to himself and starts to trail after you, trying to make as less noise as possible. You seemed that you were trying your hardest to find you way back to your paddock and not break down. Red eyes seemed haunting to Owen, thinking about the golden eyes, with specks of (e/c) that actually suits you more.

Owen almost choked on his saliva after realising what he was thinking about.

Silence ensues the forest except for the deep puffs from you and the occasional twittering sounds from birds and insects. He'd never seen you this quiet. He thought you would be reckless and rowdy, and not quiet and reserved. Suddenly, a wave of anger washed over Owen, his forehead creasing and his face flushing. He speeds up his pace to follow you.

Not noticing a large branch that he accidentally placed his foot on.

SNAP!

Fear enveloped Owen's form, his jaw hung and his eyes petrified. Your head snapped towards him with your neck arched, eyes blazing, red with fury. Owen wanted to scream, but all he did was clench his jaw and stared deeply into your eyes, in turn scaring him even more.

Thud

Your eyes were still locked with his.

Thud

Owen's amount of fear leveled your anger.

Thud.

Huff.

You were right in front of him, head tilted and claws open, growls reverberating throughout your chest.

All Owen could do was stare back in fear and shock, wondering why you weren't attacking. In fact, you were thinking the exactly same thing.

A small feeling of fear washed over you, shivers suddenly running your spine. You wondered of he felt the same feeling. And judging by his expression, he did.