Chapter ♚ Two

Hey guys! Hopefully you enjoyed the first chapter and you'll stick along for this crazy plot. Thanks so much and feel free to comment :) I like talking to fellow Wattpaders & also Shira's name is pronounced Sheer-Ah for those who are like me and suck with names. -Bree

The Wolf Prince | Chapter Two

"Shira," a faint voice says from behind me. I turn my gaze from my father who is training a small group of wolf bound to see my best friend Harley leaning against the door frame.

"Hey, Har." I reply, lazily looking over my shoulder at the wolf bound warriors, at my family. I angle back to Harley with the sounds of harmonizing wolf feet thudding against the ground in a run, and the shriek of swords grazing each other ringing in my ears. These are the din melody's of ruthless, loyal warriors.

"I just got word from Erik that there have been sightings of rogue wolves in our territory," She looks down at her feet, her blond locks draping down her face like a veil. "He's calling for backup," she says, a plea deep in her words.

Harley turned into a wolf bound a couple weeks ago, she can now shift into wolf form and is incredibly much stronger than she was as a human or should I say pre-wolf bound. After turning wolf bound she found her mate Erik. They're like brother and sister to me.

"It would be my honor," I say with a quick smirk on my face. Harley's head snaps up, excitement dancing in her eyes. "Only if you do the honor of giving me a ride," I add turning my back to her making my way toward the weaponry shed.

"I'd be privileged, my Alpha." I look over my shoulder to see her give me a sarcastic courtesy.

"Easy on the A word wolf girl, I'm not quite there yet." I snort, "Common we don't have all day," I shout over my shoulder, waving a hand motioning for her to follow me. I pull open the heavy steel doors of the weapon shed and marvel at the selection. Without a thought my hand reaches for my Katana. An intricate pattern of rose gold swirls decorate the hilt of the weapon, a weapon that was a gift from my mother, a weapon that was designed exclusively for me. I slide my sword into the scabbard that is mounted to my back and close the shed door, turning back to Harley.

"Good choice," Har approves nodding her head at my sword. "But I'm going to stick with these bad boys here," she smirks as the bones in her hand pop and shift out of place, a set of sharp claws poke through her flesh.

"Okay..." I trail off, my stomach churning and going queasy at the thought that in a few short hours my hand will be able to do the exact same thing. "Take me to Erik," I grin, shoving my hand down my leather book to confirm that my dagger is still hidden inside.

With a small nod she takes off in a sprint and I bound after her. Hardly a second later she is running before me in full blown wolf bound form, her blond, nearly white wolf fur reflecting the bright sun. I catch up dashing alongside her and with a grunt I throw myself at her, latching onto her thick fur and throwing a leg over her back. As we enter the forest I bury my face in her long mane focusing on the sound of the pines lashing past in high pitched whispers.

By the time we reach the boarder of our territory the night had slowly darkened the forest and fog had begun to creep in. I peek up from Har's mane, my cheeks cold from the brisk air as my eyes strain to find Erik. From ahead I hear a deep growl and the sound of claws tearing at flesh. As we enter a small dim clearing I look up to the sky to see the moon partly covered by thick clouds then I look back ahead to where Erik lay quivering and whimpering on the forest floor, a large black rogue wolf bound towering before him, it's canines bared and its muscles tense.

Harley comes to a stand still immediately throwing me off of her back. I land with a thud on the forest floor and the rogue snaps his attention to us, stalking forward a step with a low growl.

I crouch in front of Har, the rogue wolves deep emerald eyes fixed on me. And with that single glare I knew that this would end badly for us. A wolf bound who can't shift, and a wolf bound with her mate severely injured up against an Alpha rogue? Not a chance.

I hear a soft whimper from Har as she notices Eriks injuries. He lays unconscious now, three gaping slits in his abdomen from the rogues' claws. With his shirt torn away the bruises and smaller scratches were visible, blood cascades from the wounds forming a small pool of blood on the ground.

I reach over my shoulder and pull out my blade, quickly standing up straight. Taking that as her queue Harley lets a loud howl roll from deep in her throat as she jumps over me toward the rogue and her mate. I take of after her with my sword raised in my hands.

The Alpha rogue roars with anger and in one swift, fluid motion his large claws graze along Har's shoulder. She lets out a sharp cry and throws herself between her mate and his attacker. Blood dyes Harley's fur red as she braces herself in font of Erik. The rogue begins to tauntingly circle around the mates and Har mimics his every step.

As soon as the rogue has his back to me I charge, holding my sword firmly I swipe at the rogue but he hears my footsteps and my blade merely grazes his side making black hairs drift to the dirt like feathers. With his back now to Harley and Erik I look at Har and tilt my head to the side. Taking my hint she grabs onto Erik's paw with her mouth and pulls him to the edge of the clearing under the canopy of the trees.

The rogue lets out a low growl from before me and my eyes dart back to his deadly emerald orbs. Without hesitation the rogue barrels after me and I run directly toward him with my sword raised, but before I can attempt to attack Har has him pinned to the ground, her body on top his as her canines bite and scratch for his neck. With what looked like a lazy shove the rogue threw Har off him into a near by tree and with a quiet, painful yelp she sinks back against the tree.

I attack again, running after the rogue. He rams into me head on, knocking my sword from my hands making it scatter to the other side of the clearing. In the spur of the moment I jump right onto the back of the rogue, ignoring the tingling sensation that sparks with every touch. With the Alphas dark, soft fur in my fisted hands I hold on tight as he attempts to buck me off, but to no avail. I smirk and reach down my boot, pulling free my dagger, the blade catching the light of the moon. With a dry smile I lean down to the rogues' ear to whisper, "Get the hell out of my territory you unwelcome bastard," and with that I sit up straight, using my whole body as I drive my dagger right into the Alphas side, penetrating deep in his flesh. With a loud growl he rams me forcefully against a tree knocking me off his back. My head collides with the bark of the tree and I lay on the ground for a second, realizing that my dagger is still deep in the rogues side.

As I sit up I see the rogue retreat to the forest in the direction of the unmarked territory where the rogue wolf bound like him belong. Across the clearing Harley stumbles on all fours with a forceful groan. "Har, you need to get Erik to the pack doctor as fast as you can, he's lost too much blood." I whisper looking over to where Erik's slumped body lay propped against a pine. Harley slowly limped to her mate shoving her nose under his back, lifting him up and rolling him onto her back. As she turned to me I stood, "Don't worry about me, I'm fine. You won't be strong enough to carry us both on your back. Go," I command. With a slight bow of her head she dashed into the dark of the forest with her mate unconscious on her back.