Chapter♚Thirty Two

The Wolf Prince | Chapter Thirty Two

My mind flutters like a butterfly caught in a jar.

Wings heavy, as it frantically attempts to beat at the glass.

With every attempt leads the butterfly to grow weaker, trapped air thinning.

Suffocating it.

I am suffocating, and I need to leave, to run, to get away from the ones I can't trust and leave behind the ones I love. My best option at the moment is to trust nobody but myself, and ultimately the rogue alpha bound that won't be completely honest with me. I let out a defeated laugh at the situation I've seemed to have tangled myself in.

My plan is simple yet flawed.

My main objective is to leave unnoticed, preferably with Ky since he's the one with all of the secrets, secrets that I need. He know a few people and he said they'd be more than willing to let us stay, and no matter how uncomfortable that made me feel it was my only option. I couldn't go back to Grayson's – no matter how much I wanted to talk to Joyce about everything that's been going on, I'd find another way to reach him some other time –and I most certainly couldn't go back home, back to Whispering Pines. No matter where I went Grayson would track me down, even without a bond. So the only option I had.

I had to go rogue.

I have to leave with Ky.

But that was the extent of my simple and flawed plan; I didn't have a backup.

I packed my things in a backpack, I didn't need anything bigger considering I didn't bring many clothes to begin with, just the bare necessities. I looked in the mirror that hung above the large wooden dresser. I looked at the girl who once yearned to be Alpha, at the girl who once yearned to love and be loved, to have a perfect mate and a perfect life. To be like Harley and Erik.

I adverted my eyes from my own reflection, ashamed. I haven't had the decency to talk to Erik since Harley has passed, I couldn't imagine how he was feeling right now. Where Grayson and I are mates we're most certainly not mated, where as Harley and Erik were. It's different, painful, I remember reading about it in book my father would make me study as a child, I remembered not ever wanting to experience that kind of pain, that kind of loss. But now I feel like I'd rather run until I'm bloody and on the brink of death then be with Grayson.

After packing I didn't take much time to get ready, I seethed a dagger to the side of my thigh, strapped my Katana to the back of my leathers and threw my dark hair up in a long pony tail. I couldn't recognize the girl in the mirror. The woman in the reflection, she was almost unrecognizable, unreadable, hidden behind the lies and secrets that she bared and stole from others.

"You're up to something."

I twirl on the balls of my feet, hand gripping the hilt of my dagger, but come to face my father. His hands are braced on either side of the door, one lag crossed over the other. My eyes narrow and I merely give him a slow nod. I didn't know what to expect, what his reaction would be if I told him what I was about to do.

"Bring the Prince back, Shira."

I nod again my eyes never leaving his. Finding the Prince wasn't the only thing I was determined to do. I will find out who's creating the Shifter's again, I will find the person responsible for Harley's death. I'm thirsty for blood spill and nobody is going to stop me this time.

"I will," I reply, keeping my voice low, unwavering.

My father leaves without another word; he knows what he has to do. He knows what I'm about to do and he's okay with it.

Not much longer the ambient sound of the Castle sirens blare, the signal to evacuate. Quick.

Slinging my pack over one shoulder I burst through the Prince's bedroom door with key to Ky's cell squeezed in my hand. The brass key felt cold in my burning hand, a contrast.

Excitement pulsed though me like adrenaline in my veins. A small smirk crawled to my lips as I bound down the crumbling basement stairs. Solders and servants run past me, their faces red with fear and their hands full with weapons and precious belongings.  

At the bottom of the stairs I hear Ky's rough voice calling after the retreating men, yelling to let him out, to open his cell. Walking up to his cell with a smirk plastered on my face I hold out the key to him, just out of reach.

"Let me out," he growls, hands clamped to the rusted bars.

"With pleasure," I bow keeping my eyes locked with his, a taunt. A warning and reminder of control, something I have against him, even out of this prison cell.

We were bound together; he couldn't break his blood oath. I had him by the blood he dropped in the palm of my hand. 

He couldn't betray me.

I straighten, sliding the key into the lock and before I can even pull it out Ky already has the door open and me pinned against the opposite wall, his body weight covering me.

His breath comes out in short bursts across my face, his face inches from me. "Was this your doing Princess?" he raises a brow, head nodding towards the retreating personal. I bite back a smirk and push him away.

"We don't have much time," I shout over the noise of thundering feet in the floors above and the constant wail of the siren. It doesn't take long for Ky to catch up to me, from the corner of my eye I can see him looking at me, at the Prince's dagger strapped to my thigh.

"Hmm." I barely hear him mumble in thought. "I suppose I was wrong about you being a Princess, seems to me you've turned into a sneaky little thief." Ky's eyes devour mine, hungry like an animal, hungry for the adrenaline and excitement of sneaking away of escaping, just like me.

Before I habe time to realize Ky is going the wrong way I'm already at the nearest window pushing it open and throwing a lag over the edge. I look back to see Ky racing up the stairs. "Ky," I yell after him but my voice is drowning by the alarms. I growl in frustration and slam the window closed. So much for being quick and sneaky.

I bound up the steps after him, my hands baled in fists. "Where are you going?" I growl after him, running to catch up but his steps are so fast, before I realize it I'm back in the Prince's bedroom with the door closed behind us.

"How-" I begin but my voice breaks, my thoughts with it as I watch him take off his shirt, his stomach bare and scars exposed. My heart squeezes and I know he could feel it through out bond, I bite my lip.

And then he does something I didn't expect. He walks right into the Prince's closet, knocks something to the ground and the wall in the closet begins to shift exposing another room made of nothing but stone. A small chamber that has a dimly lit tunnel out. A way out.

"Ky..." I drag, backing away slowely as he throws on the Prince's leathers, as he walks into the hidden chamber and reaches for a large sword, the sword that matches my stolen dagger. Who did I really steal it from? I begin to wonder, backing away slowly.

"Tell me," I practically should, my mind erratic and reckless, I didn't care who heard. "You're the Prince aren't you?" I growl, my voice hardly a whisper.

I hated myself for not realizing this before, he knew too much for a rogue, he was too strong for a rogue. Hell, he was too strong for a rogue alpha. He recognized the shirt I was wearing and the dagger I stole because it was all his.

I have fallen in love with Hollowdell's missing Prince.

I really hope that wasn't super shitty :') I know like 99% of you guys totally saw this coming so when I rewrite it I'm going to make it less obvious and probably make Shira's character less bitchy :')

<3 Love you guys <3

I've been doing YouTube a lot too so if you guys watch BookTube you should check my channel out <3 I've found that it's something I really love to do next to writing <3

Love, Bree :)