Chapter ♚ Twelve

Cover by: 7Lovte7 (7Lovte7)

Dedicated to: cherryschnapps (cherryschnapps) for all of your votes and comments <3 It means so much to me! <3

*Short note at end of chapter <3

The Wolf Prince | Chapter Twelve

My eyes dart up to meet Grayson's crimson orbs. "How do you know?" I ask, shifting away from him slightly.

"I lied when I said that you were the only one I knew that had the Shifter mark." He looked down, his voice laced with guilt. "During my first meeting with The Crown I was introduced to Reid's son briefly, I didn't catch his name; I was too busy noticing the Shifter mark he had on the left side of his chest, peeking out from under his tank top."

"He's run away. Do you think this could be why?" I ask, suddenly getting anxious.

"That's a possibility," he inquires.

"I need to tell my father," I hop to my feet and begin to turn away from him.

"You can't do that." I stop and turn in utter bewilderment.

"Why not?" I ask, my brows furrow in question.

"The Crown will kill us if they find out what we are, Shira. We're monsters in their eyes, hybrids that are a threat." He says, pulling me back down to the bed once again.

"We didn't ask for this, to be this way." I whisper, biting my lip.

"I know. Everything will be okay; I'll make sure of it." He promises, taking my hand in his and kissing it in a way that makes heat creep to my cheeks.

"I'm sorry," I mumble, looking at our interlaced hands. "I shouldn't have treated you the way I did. In fairness you did nothing to me, nothing to deserve my rudeness." I frown.

"Hey," he whispers, lifting my chin to look into his eyes. "I don't blame you. You had a reason to be upset, hell, you still do," he smirks at this, making me flash a small smile back.

"I'm not upset at you. I am just confused, mad at your father. I'm sorry." I add quietly. He drops his hand from my chin and laces his fingers through mine again. My lips quiver and my body trembles from our closeness. Being this close to him is dangerous.

"Good." He smirks leaning his forehead on mine. "I'd hate for you to be upset with me," he adds, tilting his head slightly to the side, his gaze lowered to my lips.

"Grayson," I whisper as his lips merely brush mine lightly.

"Mhhm," he mumbles, eyes closed and mouth slightly parted.

"I can't do this." I push him back and stand quickly, reaching for the door. I can't do this. I can't be with him in this way. It feels too right but at the same time it's so wrong. All I can think about is my mother and his father. It doesn't feel right, doesn't feel natural. But I don't get it. I lean my head against the door, my hand on the doorknob. He's my mate and everything is supposed to feel natural. It just doesn't. "I'm sorry," I add quietly, leaving him alone in his room, his eyes screaming for me to come back into his arms, but his mouth stayed shut in a hard, thin line.

I went to bed that night feeling torn. There were just too many things going on and my mind couldn't handle it. My mates' father was my kidnapper and also the man my mother cheated on my father with. How the hell am I supposed to feel about that? Of course things didn't feel right, it was obvious why.