Chapter ♚ Ten

Hello :) Here's another chapter <3 Please don't forget to vote / comment & enjoy! –Bree

This cover was created by: <3

The Wolf Prince | Chapter Ten

"So here's the plan," I say to Har as she enters my room closing my door behind her. "You'll gather all of the women from our pack, tell them it's a warm up run before training, and it sort of will be. Then lead the run to the closest clearing in the unmarked lands, I'll be waiting there with the women wolf bound from Grayson's pack. We will teach them to fight." I finish, pulling on my fighting leathers, and strapping my sword to my back.

"Are you sure Shira?" she says nervously. "I mean, what if Grayson finds out? He'll be furious. He's a strong Alpha you know."

"I know," I snap back. "But so am I." Har just pushes her dark hair out of her face and lets out a shaky breath.

"Okay, let's do this."

Merely an hour later I stand in the middle of the clearing with a metal container in my hands. I look at the women before me. Most of them seemed to be around my age or a couple years older. The older lady's in Grayson's pack weren't as open to the idea of training as the younger ones were. That was fine, I didn't expect to change their ways if they didn't want to. None of the girls owned a set of fighting leathers or a single weapon. Which I found completely unbelievable.

"So today," I say setting down the metal container on the forest floor. "We'll start off with something easy." And something that doesn't take much strength, I think to myself, noticing how frail they all seemed to look. I open the container and pull out a dagger, twirling it in my fingers. "We will be throwing daggers." I kick the container in front of the group of girls, sliding it closer to them. They grow silent, looking down at the container of daggers.

"You each get a dagger," I say and they all start to pick out a dagger, most of them looking uncomfortable. "And a tree," I add, motioning to the trees lining the clearing. "Your tree will be your target." I smile, hurling my dagger at the nearest tree. "And I swear to god, if I see any of you aiming at something other than your tree, I will have your head." I threaten, my smile spreading wider.

"For now just get used to the weight of your weapon, take a couple practice shots at your tree. Once Harley gets here with the other ladies you will be partnered up with someone from my pack and they will go into greater detail about how to hold, and throw your dagger properly." With a respectful nod from some of them, they all spread out and find a tree. I practice as well, my stomach giddy with excitement at the thought of doing something behind Grayson's back, obviously for a good reason. Giddy with excitement at the feeling of being important, at being a leader and educating. The excitement of strengthening a strong pack.

After about a half an hour of letting everybody get used to the feeling of the weapon in their hands, Harley shows up with my pack. "Starting with the basics I see," she laughs. I watch as everybody finds a partner without a problem. I suppose this is a good way to introduce my pack to Grayson's.

"You wouldn't believe it.' I start, whispering to Har. "They don't even know how to throw a dagger properly, frankly I don't even think half of them have seen or even come this close to such a weapon."

"That's just so weird." She admits, crossing her arms and shifting most of her weight to one leg.

"Tell me about it," I agree, watching them train and slowly get used to holding a weapon.

"So," I say, after everybody gathered around in a circle. It didn't take long for them to start complaining about tired arms so I figured training would have to be done until tomorrow. "You all get to keep the dagger you have with you. Hide it if you have to, I don't care but don't take it out unless you are training with me, otherwise keep it in a safe spot unseen." I look around the tired group. "I want to train you just as much as you want to be trained. Let's not let Grayson put an end to that."

"Tomorrow we will be practicing hand to hand combat in both human and wolf bound form." Harley continues for me.

"While Harley will be leading hand to hand combat I will be keeping an eye out for quick runners. I want to find out your strengths and make them stronger." I add.

"We will find your weaknesses and make them no longer," Harley says with a satisfied grin as many start cheering with smiles plastered on their faces.

After we all got back to the Glassmeadows territory, I bound up the stairs of the glass house and bee lined for my bedroom.  As soon as I have the door closed and locked behind me I reach for my scabbard, holding it upside down over my bed, letting the agreement and envelope fall to the comforter.

I pick up the envelope and sit on my bed. The envelope which I assume used to be white was now a pale yellow. I flipped it over in my hands; the font was addresses to 'Alpha Gavin Kade' in a bold, elegant cursive. I slid the letter from the envelope and unfolded it. It read:

Dear Mr. Kade,

It feels like we have been apart for decades now.

I sit awake most nights remembering the feeling of your arms around me, of your face buried in my neck and a smirk on your lips because you had just laughed at a wild statement I had made. We were perfect for each other and you knew it. We were both wildly mad for each other and I miss it. I miss us. What happened to us?

I know that things have been difficult ever since your wife had passed away but baby, I'm here for you. I'll always be here for you. We can run off together, leave our families behind. I'd do it for you. I'd do anything for you, just give me another chance.

I love you.

Love,

Elizabeth Cassel.