Chapter ♚ Twenty Seven

GUYSS <3 I HAVE THE COVER FOR THE WOLF FIRE AND DAMN KY KEEPS GETTING HOTTER. ;) (Cover reveal sometime?) 

Hello :) I want to dedicate this chapter to EVERYONE because you've ALL been SUPER supportive, and your comments are lovely <3 And ILY <3

WHAT I WANNA DO WITH THIS STORY: NOTE AT END *** :)

The Wolf Prince | Chapter Twenty Seven

I figured it would be best if I spent more time with my father.

I know that I just saw him the other day but I thought this would be the best way to clear my mind, and to be away from Grayson. No, I wasn't running away from my problems like usual; I told myself I wouldn't do that anymore. I just needed space to sort though my thoughts without him, without his influence.

Grayson was my poison.

I knew he wasn't good for me, but it was hard to not be around him, or want to be...He was supposed to be there for me, to treat me right but nothing about him felt right. He was over protective, demanding and absolutely degrading. I hated it. He was possessive and I'd be damned before I become someone's possession. He was supposed to be my mate, and I knew for damn sure that mates don't treat each other in that way. I didn't give to shit's if we were "destined to be" or "made for each other." Obviously we weren't any of those, so screw mates.

So screw him.

I guess something inside of me just clicked; I didn't want to live my life how I have been. Things needed to change around here and that change started with me. And I think leaving Grayson, even for just the time being was the best decision I had made in a long time.

It didn't take as long as I thought it would to get to Hollowdell. The sun was peeking just above the horizon, casting an orange glow on the greenery and buildings. Hollowdell looked euphoric. It was a built up wealthy city filled with many wealthy residents. There were tall high-rises in the city center, a large, well groomed park in the middle, and outlining the city was the forest.

And the castle. The castle was right in the middle of that large park, it was the eye of the city, the core. Surrounding the castle was a mote and a large stone wall; it was the only thing that showed age in the entire city. Hollowdell had literally been built around the Prince's castle, in a way I found this smart, the city acted as a wall around the castle; protection.

After navigating my way through the maze of concrete and glass scrapers I found the castle. A yawn escaped my mouth as I passed the mote, bounding up the large stone staircase that leads to the grange entrance.

"Shira?" said my father's surprised voice when I walked into the entryway of the castle. He stood there, a foot before the other slightly like he had just been walking by the door, a steaming coffee cup was cradled in his hands.

"Hey," I side smile with heavy eyelids. I was extremely tired and I could tell my father took note of my exhaustion. I close the large double doors behind me and shrug.

"What are you doing here honey?" he questions, walking up to me and grabbing my hand. He pulls me at tow, rounding many sharp corners, passing multiple large, spacious rooms.

"I can't stay with Grayson anymore; I can't bring myself to trust him." I whisper, my cheeks growing hot, embarrassed. I'm sure he thought I was just being a stubborn child. "So I left." My father comes to a stand still in the middle of a long hallway, and turns to me with worried, but slightly narrowed eyes.

"Why can't you trust him?" He asks suspicion clear in his question. I think of what Harley asked me long ago, a question similar. "Is Grayson really your enemy?" The answer right now was yes. It's always been a yes.