iv

I was greeted with sly stares and loud whispers as soon as we reached the front door

"Welcome back, Alpha," A very tall, very burly man with black hair bowed at the blue-eyed man and I widened my eyes. Why was he bowing and did I just hear him say Alpha? Wasn't Alpha the first letter of the Greek alphabet? Why was he being called a letter?

"Anything happen while I was away, Marvel?" He asked in return.

"Nothing significant." Marvel shrugged then focused his attention on me. "Is this the Luna?"

He looked at me and I hid behind the one they called Alpha. I was a little scared of how big he appeared. He was the biggest man I'd ever seen but that seemed to be common around here.

"Don't look at her." I thought I heard a snarl in his voice.

"Sorry, Alpha, we're all just excited for her arrival." Marvel dismissed himself from us.

Two men opened the huge doors and my eyes bugged.

The castle looked old on the outside but it was flawless on the inside.

A bright chandelier lit the dark corners of the room, making it look like a fantasy castle. The floor was made of black marble and the walls were painted a deep forest green. Oil paintings were hung to comfort the emptiness of the walls and fancy furniture was evenly scattered.

This castle was made for royalty.

Not for kidnapper victims.

"Follow me." The same blue-eyed one grabbed my wrist and I tried to recoil but couldn't break from his strong grip. He led me through crowds of people who all stared at me.

Yet the only thing I could concentrate on were his fingers wrapped around my wrist. His touch sent a small shock through my veins and I wondered if he felt it, too.

He stopped and opened the door to the very last room. He pulled me inside and I braced myself.

The room was spacious but close to empty. A king-sized bed took up the space along the wall along with drawers and a nightstand. There was a small flicker of light coming from the bathroom and I could see half of a bathtub.

But no sense of individuality. I could feel the loneliness deafening the walls.

I felt a chill and looked to where white curtains were flying in the wind. I took a step in the direction of the balcony but a tug on my arm stopped me in my tracks.

"Don't go out there."

Although his grip was firm, it was also gentle. Too gentle for a man like him.

"Excuse me?" My anger rose. All previous fear was thrown out the window. "And why should I listen to anything you say?"

"Trust me."

My temper broke. I ripped away from his hold on my arm and glared at him.

"How can I trust you? You kidnapped me without telling anyone why and brought me here!" I yelled and winced internally at my tone. But he so deserved it.