v

"Do you remember?" Ares asked

"Do you remember?" Ares asked. "Seeing a wolf six years ago?"

"No." I frowned, trying to remember. I would've been in seventh grade.

"Your parents made a deal with me. They told me to wait until you were eighteen and you were old enough to understand. Then I would take you to my pack and make you my Luna." He explained and I struggled to breathe.

"They knew?" I gasped. "All this time?" I didn't know whether to cry or scream.

Why didn't they tell me? That was the obvious question.

But agreeing? To a total stranger?

"Did they know you were. . . werewolves." It was still hard to say that word when I knew they were real.

"Yes. They knew."

I felt betrayed. My mom knew, my dad knew, everyone knew. Who else knew about this but me?

I closed my eyes and tried to clear my head.

"Alpha, the banquet," Marvel reminded.

"We have ten more minutes," said Ares.

"I have one more question," I said and he nodded, "How long do I have to stay here?"

Ares looked down and I wish I could read his thoughts.

"As long as you want." He replied and he almost sounded wounded.

"So I could leave now?" I asked without thinking and he stiffened.

"Luna," Soren's voice also sounded hurt. But I didn't know them and they didn't know me.

I still didn't understand why they needed me. I understood that I was this Luna and this mate but why was I so important?

"Call me Alex." I corrected.

"This is your new home now, Alex." Soren added but I wanted to go back to my real home.

But my parents lied to my face for six years, they failed to tell me something incredibly important that had everything to do with me.

"Alright, I'll stay," Blake and Soren smiled at me while Ares' face was hard to read.

"Excellent! Let's go celebrate!" Blake said and stood up to stretch.

"You may go." Ares said and the four of them began to walk out of the room. "Alexandria, stay for a moment."

Uh oh. Was I in trouble?

"Yeah?" I asked tentatively.

"I have something for you." He replied and walked into another room.