xx

They covered my head with a potato sack and all I saw was darkness

They covered my head with a potato sack and all I saw was darkness. I had to rely on others to help me but I didn't trust them at all.

I felt several hands shove me forward.

It reminded me of when I first came to Ares's castle. How everyone stared and whispered at me. How I was taking my first step into the unknown world.

I tripped over something and felt myself fall onto the ground. Mud splattered onto my hands and clothes and I felt hopelessly humiliated.

"Get up." I heard someone snap and I hastily stood up. More hands pushed me forward and steered me to the right.

I felt the cold air disappear and I knew that I was inside. I heard a door slam and my ears twitched. More than anything, I wanted to tear this bag off my head though I was afraid of what I would see.

There were more stairs and I almost tripped again, but someone caught my arm and saved me from falling. I heard the sound of metal screeching and I was shoved onto the ground. My hands scraped on stone and I quickly tore off the sack.

They locked me in a cell less than half the size of my normal bedroom. It was small, dark and smelled of urine.

Darcy stared back at me from the other side of the gate.

"What are you going to do with me?" I asked but she didn't answer. She gave me one last emotionless look and walked away.

I banged on the gate and tried to push it open but it didn't budge. I kicked at it and used my whole body to try and open it but the metal was harsh against my body.

Giving up, I sank down to the ground and tried to absorb everything so far.

How could I get out? Darcy would never help me and Troy wanted me dead, he said so himself. I was trapped here alone and Ares would never come for me. He told me to leave.

I pulled my legs to my chest and sobbed quietly.

Then I heard a voice echoing on the walls.

"Wh—Who's there?" I asked timidly and wiped my eyes.

What if it were werewolves who wanted to kill me? I braced for the worst.

"Alex? Is that you?" I snapped my head to the right and put my fingers through the bars.

"Mom? Dad?" I choked out and through the darkness, I saw my mom's bright blue eyes. My spirits lifted.

Despite my current situation, I smiled. I laughed light-heartedly, happy I was finally reunited with my parents. Here, in a prison, of all places.