xi

"Find her!" Ares yelled impatiently, making me flinch

Blake left without another word and ran through the whole castle. I watched as Ares searched her room, throwing things carelessly all over the place.

"What are you doing?" I asked hesitantly.

"Trying to find her scent."

Ares finally stopped rummaging through her clothes and swore to himself. His shoulders tensed.

"What?"

"I need to phase." His voice was an inhuman growl and his hands turned into fists.

I stepped forward and reached to comfort him. But he jumped away from me like he had been burned.

"Stay back!" Ares yelled at me and shot to the opposite corner of the room.

His body was shaking violently and he staggered to the window. His eyes flashed bright amber. Then I got it.

Ares was turning into a wolf.

His body expanded and his clothes ripped from his body.

I blinked and stared into the eyes of a huge, black wolf. He was more than twice the size of a normal wolf.

He looked at me for second before leaping out of the window, glass where he once stood.

I swallowed and looked down where a black shadow was passing by the plains of grass and into the woods. I turned and ran down the stairs to follow him outside.

"Alex?" I passed by Claire, who was helping Holly up the steps. I was shocked to see Holly already healed. The claw marks on her body had looked really severe.

"Ares found Leah's scent," I replied in a hurry.

"The spy who sold us out?" Claire crossed her arms.

"Let's follow him." Holly responded calmly.

Claire and Holly rushed down the steps with me and the cold breeze hit my skin as soon as we stepped outside.

"He went this way," Holly told us and led the way through the woods. I trailed behind, losing sight of them.

I wasn't as athletic as them.

I stopped running to lean myself against a tree. I bent down to catch my breath. These woods were insanely tricky to figure out.

A twig snapped.

I turned behind me and was face to face with a black wolf. I knew those eyes anywhere.

Ares.

I stood still and looked at him. Really looked at him.

His glistening, raven black fur and his sharp, clever eyes. The way he stood proud and powerful like a true Alpha male. My eyes traced over his fluffy tail and his huge paws. One of his ears was badly torn and his claws were sheathed.