Chapter Four

Picture of Parker, the Beta, who is played by Adam Gregory

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Reed's POV*

"What the hell just happened?" I ask myself.

"I don't know. One minute we are talking and the next, she's freaking out," Janie answers my rhetorical question.

"What'd you say to her?" I growl.

"Nothing! I just told her who you were and she freaked out!"

I pause. "She ran off because she found out who I am?"

"Well I can't blame her. You do have a reputation of sleeping around," Parker comments.

"I didn't ask for your opinion."

"Just saying," he chuckles.

"Well stop just saying!" I glare and then turn to his girlfriend. "Janie, can you at least tell me her name?"

"Her name is Ella," she tells me.

"Ella...Why does that name sound so familiar?" I question myself once again.

Parker laughs, catching my attention. "Maybe because that's the name of Eric's sister who we were making fun of earlier," he says.

I freeze and thoughts whirl through my head.

"Fuck!" I scream and run out of the café.

"Eaty Ella" is my Ella. She had certainly changed. God dammit, why did I ever make fun of her? He must've told her!

*Ella's POV*

My heart rate and blood pressure skyrocketed on the run to the boys dorm. Hurt was seeping through my veins and thoughts were whirling through my head.

I knock on my brother's door and the moment it opens, I collapse into his arm, my emotions getting the best of me. Like the good brother he is, he holds me and strokes my hair, whispering soothing words in my ear.

We had been lying in his bed for nearly half an hour when he finally spoke.

"Come on Elly, it's time to tell me what's wrong," he coaxes, stroking my hair gently.

I let out a shaky breath and begin, "You know how you told me to stay away from Reed Cummings?"

He jumps up from the bed, his body shaking. "What did that bastard do?" he grumbles.

"He didn't do anything, but he...he's my mate..." I trail off.

"WHAT?" he screams. "Did he reject you? Is that why you're so upset?"

"No, but...you told me he makes fun of my photo..." I say. "He has no idea that I'm your sister, the one whose picture he snickers at."

"But he didn't reject you?" he asks again.

"No."

"I don't care if he's your mate. I don't want you around him," he orders. "Do you want him?"

"I did until I found out who he was."

"Are you going to reject him?"

"No, that's cruel. I'm just not going to be with him like that. He'll have to really prove that he's sorry and that he's dedicated to me," I inform him.

"You're telling me that you're eventually going to forgive that bastard? How can you do that after all he's said?"

"He's my mate Eric! What am I supposed to do?"

"Reject the asshole!"

The door slams open, splintered wood flying everywhere.

"Nobody will be rejecting anybody!" Reed roars.

"Get the fuck out of here Cummings! This isn't your concern!" Eric yells.

"Not my concern? This is the future with my mate we are talking about!" he screams, the power in his voice shaking the walls.

"There is no future between my sister and you!" Eric shouts.

"You better back off Marcelle. Don't forget that this is my area and I can kick your ass if I please!"

"Bring it on," Eric taunts, getting in Reed's face.

They start growling and are just about to shift when I step in.

"Stop it! Just stop it!" I shriek.

I'm surprised when Eric whimpers like a pup and drops to his knees. Reed smirks.

"Looks like your inner Luna is coming out, baby," he says, smiling at me.

"Shut up!" I hiss. "Get out!"

"But..."

"I said get out!"

I run at him and push him out of the door, pushing the broken piece of wood as closed as it can go. I then turn to Eric who is still on the floor.

"And you mister need to get your ass up and also get out!" I scold.

He clears his throat, stands up and stares at me for a second. Then he shakes his head and walks out. I sigh and plop down on my bed.

Wait, this isn't my bed. Holy crap, I just kicked my brother out of his own dorm room. My bad...

~COPYRIGHT 2013~