Chapter Eight

Disclaimer: I was 16 when I wrote this story so sorry for the cringiness that is about to occur in this chapter

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Ella's POV*

By time my classes ended for the day, I was missing Reed. Not seeing him for nearly three days except for a couple of small encounters, and constantly pushing him away is putting a toll on me. I don't get how some people reject their mates because it's painful just to be away from him.

As I head towards the dining hall, a person jumps in front of me. I gasp and look at them weirdly. I don't even know this person! I step to the side and keep walking, but yet another person steps in front of me with a grin on their face. What the hell?

This time when I look up, I see it. There is a humungous group of students dressed in all the same clothing standing in the courtyard. That is when Carly Rae Jepson's song "Call Me Maybe" begins and they all start dancing in sync.

My eyes watch them, confused. What is this; a flash mob? Why is there a flash mob? I finally understand when the crowd splits in two, forming an aisle for one person to walk through; Reed. Tears spring to my eyes as he approaches me. I choke on a sob when he hands me a bouquet of roses, his flower choice of the day.

"Will you go on a date with me tonight?" he asks.

I nod and kiss him on the cheek.

"Thank you," I whisper in his ear before walking away.

He just stole a part of my heart right there. This is only the beginning. Let's see how good he can get.

*Reed's POV*

The crowd separates and lets me through. Ella is standing there with tears in her eyes looking more beautiful than ever. What have I done to be blessed with such a beautiful mate?

As I hand her the bouquet of roses, she swallows back a sob. I give her a smile and look her in the eyes, ready to pop the question.

"Will you go on a date with me tonight?" I question.

She nods, kisses my cheek, and then puts her lips next to my ear.

"Thank you," she whispers before heading off.

Everybody in the group flash mob starts clapping and cheering.

"Thank you all so much for doing this!" I exclaim.

There are mumbles of "no problem" and "you're welcome". Then the crowd disperses. I run to the hidden creek behind the school and begin setting up our date. I really hope she enjoys this.

"Aww, did you make this for me, baby?" a voice asks from the darkness.

I growl and Janie appears out of the shadows. I glare at her menacingly.

"This definitely isn't for you," I tell her, going back to setting up.

"But I thought we were really getting somewhere with our relationship, Reed. After last night, I..."

"What happened last night was forced upon me. I did not wish for you to kiss me."

"You're telling me that you didn't enjoy that at all?" she asks quizzically.

"That's exactly what I'm telling you," I state.

She huffs and screeches through her teeth. "If I can't be with you, no one can," she hisses.

"What about Parker? He loves you!"

"I'm no longer mated to him," she says, showing me her neck. Her mate mark had a large X etched into it from a knife.

My eyes widen. "You broke the mating bond?" I ask, exasperated.

"Finally."

"You're a bitch, you know that?"

"That's what they call me," she smirks. "But Reed, once again, if I can't have you, no one will. You better change your mind real quick, otherwise you're in for a surprise, and not a good one."

"You're practically asking me to lock you up in the cells," I warn her.

"Oh, that won't stop me, baby," she cackles and disappears in the dark once more.

You know, I've known that girl for nearly four years and she hasn't been like this. What the hell is going on? I can't worry about this now though. I have to woo my girl.

*Ella's POV*

I was studying once again when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I call.

The door opens to reveal Reed. He leans against the doorframe and gives me a smile.

"Are you ready for our date?" he wonders.

"Um, yeah, let me just clean up a bit," I reply, getting up from my desk.

He watches me from the doorway as I clean up my papers and books.

"Um, I need to change so can you, uh, get out?" I question.

"You don't need to change. You look fine," he responds and grabs my hand. "Come on."

I try to fight with him about changing as I'm wearing yoga pants and a sweatshirt with flip flops, but he keeps dragging me along. He stops in front of the woods in the back of the school and turns to look at me.

"Now it's time for you to wear this," he says, holding up a long cloth.

My eyes change to the size of saucers. "What are you trying to do; kidnap me?" I laugh.

"If I wanted to kidnap you, it'd be a lot easier than this," he chuckles.

I glare, not amused, at him and he stops, clearing his throat awkwardly. He hands me the blindfold and I tie it on.

"So, are you going to lead the way or not?" I ask.

"Oh...yeah..." he answers, placing his hand on the small of my back.

He leads me for a little while and finally we come to a stop. I can feel his hands untying the blindfold, sparks running up and down my body. When it slips away, I gasp at the beautiful sight in front of me.

~COPYRIGHT 2013~