Chapter Six

Picture of Janie, Parker's mate, who is played by Holland Roden

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Eric's POV*

It's been days since Ella and I have spoken and I have to admit, I miss my little sister. I hate when we fight. All I wanted to do was protect her, but by trying to do so, I had ruined our relationship. Luckily I had Maia by my side. She is my in between person so I can watch over Ella from a distance.

I have finally decided to accept the fact that Reed is Ella's mate. I mean, I used to be friends with him, at least until he started making fun of her photo.

Now here I am, standing in front of Reed's dorm room. I knock and there is no response. I knock again and there is a grunt heard from inside.

"What?" a rough voice asks.

"It's Eric. Can we talk?" I ask.

I hear a bunch of shuffling and then the door opens. The sight in front of me leaves me in a state of shock. There stands Reed, eyes blood shot, hair flying in every direction possible, a slight beard growing on his face.

"Damn, what happened to you?" I question.

"What do you want?" he grumbles, ignoring my question.

"I came to apologize. We need to do this for Ella's sake," I say.

He just stares for a second and then nods his head. He holds out his hand and I shake it.

"For Ella," he mumbles to himself and then shuts the door.

Wow, he is really screwed up without her. Maybe I should talk to her about it.

Quickly making my decision, I run to the girls' dorm. I knock on her door with a smile on my face. When she answers, I throw my arms around her. She giggles and hugs me back.

"I've missed you so much Elly," I say.

"I've missed you too Er," she mumbles into my shirt.

I pull away and invite myself in, making myself comfortable on her bed.

"Where's Maia?" I ask, looking around.

"In class. You should know that. You're her mate," she scoffs.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. "Listen, I need to talk to you about Reed."

"What about him?"

"Well, first of all, we made up just so you know. There will be no more fighting. Second, he looks like shit. He isn't taking care of himself and he's acting really weird. You need to do something."

She sighs. "Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"I can't believe he can't take care of himself," she huffs.