Chapter Nine

Picture of Mitch, who is played by Robert Adamson ---->

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Ella's POV*

The moon is sparkling off of the creek in front of us. The shoreline is littered with small tea candles, lighting up the area. A small table for two is placed in the middle, rose petals scattered on the ground below it.

"Reed, it's beautiful," I breathe out.

"I'm glad you like it," he smiles. "Shall we sit down?"

I nod and he leads me over to the table, holding a chair out for me. I take a seat and he pushes it in a bit, then goes to sit in the chair opposite of me. I look at the covered silver platter in front of me, wondering what is underneath.

"Bon appétit," he says, taking the cover off of the silver plate.

I laugh when I see tacos, my favorite food, sitting underneath it.

"This is Mexican food. Shouldn't it be 'buen provecho' instead of 'bon appétit'?" I tease.

"I've never been good with my languages," he admits sheepishly.

"It's alright. You just earned yourself another point by bringing tacos tonight."

We chat as we eat and when we finish, he suggests we go for a run in wolf form together. I agree and go behind a bush to strip and change. I come out into the clearing in my wolf form to see a large shimmering golden brown wolf standing there. He trots over and nudges my side. My wolf purrs like a cat in content at being with her mate.

We take off, chasing one another through the forest, teasing and bumping. When we get back to the clearing, we are both panting yet there are wolfy grins on our snouts. The grins disappear when we hear a rustle in a bush to the right of us.

Three tall men with pale faces and bright red lips step out and stare at us. Reed steps in front of me, growling. I growl from behind him. Man, these are the times when I wish we were mated so I could mind link with him.

A gust of wind sends the scents of the three men and I instantly freeze. Vampires. Reed whips his head to me quickly and nods towards the school. I take that as my moment to escape and take off, headed back to the dorms. Please let me get there safe; please let me get there safe. Wait, what about Reed? Will he be okay?

*Reed's POV*

I caught the scent of the men almost immediately and my blood boiled. What the hell do these vampires think they are doing on my property?

I turn my head back and silently tell Ella to go back to the school. Luckily she understands me and takes off. As she does, one of the vampires goes to chase after her. I growl fiercely and jump on his back, pushing him to the ground. Just as I am about to bite down and rip his head from his body, one of the other vampires jumps on my back, pinning me on top of the other. I struggle to push him off and finally do.

Parker, vampire attack! Get Mitch and come help me! I scream through the pack link.

Luckily by the time Parker and Mitch got there, I had saved myself from a death bite and had killed the one below me. Within a matter of seconds, we had two dead and one passed out.

Instead of heading back to the school right away, I traveled to the pack house with Parker and Mitch. I tossed the passed out vampire in the cells and headed back upstairs to my father's office where they had explained the situation to him.

"Is he contained?" my father asks.

"Yes sir," I reply.

He chuckles. "Son, I am no longer Alpha. You do not need to address me as sir. Sure, I am taking care of the business while you're at school, but you're the man in charge," he says.

"Sorry dad," I sigh. "Listen, I need to get back to school and make sure my mate is okay, so..."

"Mate? You found the new Luna? Son, you must bring her to meet the pack!" he exclaims excitedly.

"I'm still in the process of getting her to accept me. I made a few mistakes and I need to prove myself to her. You will know within twenty days if she has accepted me. Then you all can meet her," I tell him.

He scowls. "You better prove yourself, boy, otherwise I'll be very disappointed in you."

"I'll try Dad, I'll try. I barely know the girl, but I already love her," I inform him. "I will see you soon. It's time to get back to her. Come on Parker, come on Mitch."

"Dude, can you drive?" Parker asks Mitch. "I'm really not feeling well."

"Yeah, no problem man. You look like you need to rest," Mitch responds.

The whole way back to the school, I watch over Parker. He is sweating and his skin is sickly pale.

"Park, are you alright?" I question, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It'll pass. It's just my body fighting off the mating bond," he insists. "It'll be fine."

"Um, alright, but if it gets any worse, I want you to go to the pack doctor," I tell him.

He nods and sits in silence, his body trembling. I really hope he's going to be okay.

~COPYRIGHT 2013~