Chapter Twenty Five

Picture of Dr. Chase played by Jesse Spencer

 Chase played by Jesse Spencer

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Reed's POV*

Deacon and Ella are both being checked out by the pack doctor. They are both dehydrated and need to be given fluids through an IV. Ella needs extra care due to the fact that she has a concussion as well as tons of bruises and cuts on her body.

Mitch and I are sitting beside their beds speaking to them while the rest of the pack is outside still training. We had gotten a lot of information about the vampires. In fact, we learned that Janie was now one and she along with a male kidnapped Ella. The reason I couldn't get ahold of Ella was because they were feeding her something to cause her wolf to disappear. I am furious. I'm out for Janie's blood.

"When we attack tomorrow, she is going to be in for a rude awakening," I tell Ella.

She smiles and reaches up her hand to stroke my cheek. "I was beginning to lose faith. I didn't think we were ever going to get out of there. She told me that she would kill me before you ever had a chance to save me," she says.

"I was afraid of never seeing you again, of never being able to tell you I love you."

She froze, making my heart stop. Did I say the wrong thing?

"You love me?" she asks. "Even after all I've put you through since the beginning of the school year?"

"I put you through more with my horrible words."

"But that's the past. I learned to forgive you."

"You forgive me?"

"The past is the past. We are starting our relationship over."

My heart begins to beat rapidly in excitement. "Does this mean you accept me as your mate?" I wonder.

She nods and I grin widely. I wrap my arm around her and attempt to hug her through all of the wires and lines monitoring her.

"There's one thing I need to do that I've been dying to do since I got home," she says.

"And what is that, sweetheart?" I question.

Her lips slowly pull up into a smile and she sits up in bed. I am shocked when she grabs my arms and practically pulls me on top of her.

"This," she breathes and places her lips on mine.

My hand comes up to cup her face as I kiss her back. My wolf is howling in joy at the fact that his mate is accepting him. When we pull away, I smile.

"And I love you too," she murmurs.

A clearing of a throat pulls us away from another. I look back to see the doctor standing there with an amused look on his face.

"Well, it's good to see the Alpha and Luna getting along so well. Congratulations you two," he says. "As much as I would love to leave you to it, I need to check the Luna's vitals."

I move to the side and motion for him to go at it. Anything that will cure my Luna.

"Softy," Mitch says through a cough.

I turn around and glare at him, making him chuckle. His chuckling fades away when Deacon hits him in the back of the head.

"You just met me and you're hitting me in the head?" Mitch asks him.

"Mates have to keep their mates in line and you were being stupid. Before long you'll be a softy yourself," Deacon responds.

"I won't be a softy, I'll be a hardy," he winks.

"Alright, okay, too much information!" I exclaim. "I'm just going to act like I never even heard that!"

I hear them laugh as I walk away.

"How does she look Doc?" I ask.

"Now that's she getting proper food and liquid, her bruises and abrasions are beginning to heal. They should be gone by midnight tonight. Her concussion though is going to need longer to heal. She was hit quite hard multiple times. We're lucky she still has her memory," he explains. "I want to keep her here through the night as well as through the war tomorrow."

"You are staying here through the war, correct?" I ask him.

"Actually, I am being assigned to assist with the wounded during the war. However, my nurses will be here to monitor the Luna," he informs me.

I shake his hand. "Thank you very much Dr. Chase."

"It is no trouble, Alpha. Now, if you don't mind, I need to go stock up for tomorrow's war."

He leaves the room and I turn back to Ella. There is an expression of worry on her face.

"Wounded? People are going to get hurt tomorrow?" she asks.

"As in every war, there will be casualties."

"What about you? Are you going to be okay? What are you going to do?"

"Relax El, I'll be okay. I will be fighting alongside our pack and I will try my best to stay out of harm's way, but I can't promise anything."

Tears spring to her eyes. "You might die! Reed, we just got together! I can't lose you!"

The heart monitor begins to beep obnoxiously and as I peak at it, I see her heart rate has escalated drastically. She was on the verge of a panic attack.

"El, you need to calm down sweetheart. You're going to make yourself sicker," I say. "I will be okay. I'm not going to die. I will come back to you."

"How do you know that?" she sobs.

"Shhh," I coo, pulling her head into my chest.

I listen as the heart monitor slows down as well as her breathing. I feel her relax and her hold on me loosens. I look down to see that she is asleep. I lay her back on the bed and kiss her forehead. I link my pack.

Good job training today, everybody. Go to your families and rest up. Tomorrow is a big and important day, I say.

Mitch looks at me hesitantly and I usher him with my finger.

"Come on Mitch. We need to rest up," I instruct.

He sighs and stands up, kissing Deacon on the hand. He drags his feet against the floor as he approaches me.

"They are in good hands. The doctor and the nurses will take care of them," I reassure him.

He nods and moseys on out the door of the infirmary.

"Goodnight you two. Sleep well tonight. I will be in tomorrow morning before we leave to say goodbye."

"Goodbye?" Ella wakes up panicking.

"No, not goodbye. Just a see you later. Goodnight darling."

"Goodnight Reed," she yawns and drops her head back onto the pillow, falling asleep again.

I chuckle and walk to my room. I curl up in bed with happiness swirling around in my body. I have my Luna back and she is safe. Now we just need to get rid of the people who caused this. I can't wait to get my hands on Janie and that Terrence male Ella told me about. Anyone who hurts my mate will pay.

Yes, they will pay, I smirk.

~COPYRIGHT 2013~