Chapter Five

Picture of Maia Meraz, Eric's mate and Ella's roommate, who is played by Chrissie Fitt

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Ella's POV*

The argument in Eric's dorm room had happened hours ago. I ended up missing one class, but after that I had attended all my others. By time I got back to the dorm, I just wanted to relax. However, I had hours of studying to do already.

The only time I looked up from my textbooks was when Maia entered the room and she did not look happy.

"Can you tell me why your brother is refusing to talk to me?" she asks.

I roll my eyes. "He's being dramatic. We got in a fight today over Reed after finding out that he's my mate," I respond.

"What?" she gasps. "Details!"

I explain the whole situation to her and by the end, her jaw is to the floor.

"Wow, you really have your hands full. What are you going to do?" she questions.

"At this point, I don't know. But I know for a fact that he doesn't deserve to have me as a mate, so I'm keeping my distance."

"I should do the same thing with your brother."

"Eric did nothing wrong. He's just upset and doesn't want to see me get hurt. He may seem like he's ignoring you but I bet he wants and needs you by his side right now," I tell her.

"But I can't leave you all alone to handle this by yourself!" she insists.

"I'm a big girl. I can handle myself," I reassure her. "Go to your mate."

She sighs. "Alright but if he acts like an asshole, I can't be held accountable for my actions."

"Do what you have to do. He'll probably deserve it anyways," I laugh.

She nods and grabs her purse before leaving. I had just gotten back to studying when a knock sounded on the door. I groan and reluctantly get up. When I open the door, I'm greeted by Janie.

"Can I...help you?" I ask cautiously.

"Yes! You need to come calm down your mate! He's causing a scene in the main lounge!" she exclaims.

"Sorry, but I really don't want to get involved," I say, beginning to close the door.

She hits the door with her palm and it opens. An angry look appears on her face.

"Look, you are the future Luna of this pack and you need to keep your Alpha mate under control. Now come with me," she demands. If I'm future Luna then why the hell is she the one bossing me around?

"Who do you think you are?" I growl.

"I'm Beta Female, Luna," she spits my title bitterly.

She grabs me by the hair and begins to drag me towards the main lounge. I'm able to release her grip and nearly go wolf because of how pissed off I am. How dare she disrespect me like that!

All anger dissipates from my body the moment I see the scene in the main lounge. There is my brother in wolf form snarling at Reed, who is also in wolf form. Maia is behind Eric, crying and begging him to stop. They are about to launch at one another when I step in.

"Eric, stand down!" I order and he immediately backs off, though he is still snarling at my mate. "Stop with this foolishness! You both are acting like children! Get the fuck over it Eric! Reed is my mate and you can do nothing about it. The moon goddess always has a reason for putting people together so there must be a reason! I can handle my own personal life. You could've gotten yourself killed fighting with an Alpha like this!"

Everybody in the room is staring at me in shock. God I hate audiences.

"Everyone needs to go back to their rooms for the night!" I command and instantly the crowd disperses elsewhere.

I'm left in the room with Parker, Janie, Maia and the two idiots who are still in wolf form.

"I am about tired of this. This is my first day of college and there is drama already? Really you two? You need to learn to grow up!" I scold. "Eric, I want you to apologize to Maia for ignoring her all day and I don't want to hear another peep from you until you've gotten over yourself. As for you Reed, I want you to stay away from me for a while and think about why I should even give you an ounce of a chance. I suggest you work really hard to win me over. But I'll tell you right now, it isn't going to be easy. And finally Janie, if you ever, EVER touch me again and treat me as if I'm dirt, I will kick your little Beta ass. Understood? Now listen, I am going to bed and if anyone besides Maia bothers me, I will be very...very angry. Goodnight."

Without another word, I storm out of the lounge, power and confidence racing through my body. Wow, I never knew I could be like that.

*Reed's POV*

As Ella exits the room, I change back to human form. Eric does as well and walks up to his dorm butt naked with his mate. Parker hands me a pair of shorts and once I get them on, I rush Janie. I grab her by the neck and pick her up so her feet are barely touching the floor.

"Tell me, why did you lay a hand on your Luna?" I question angrily.

"She wouldn't come down here. I had to get her here somehow!" she gasps for air.

"Next time you dare lay a finger on her, I'll let her do more than just kick your ass," I warn. "Go back to your dorm."

"Yes Alpha," she sighs and kisses Parker quickly before leaving.

I don't say a word to Parker as we go to our room. I plop down on the bed, my head riddled with thoughts of her. She had been so sexy earlier when she had taken charge and it definitely was a huge turn on. However, she needs to learn that she can't disrespect me. She'll learn to be obedient sooner or later.

~COPYRIGHT 2013~