Chapter Twelve

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Eric's POV*

"I love you," I murmur to Maia between kisses.

"Mmm, you too," she replies.

I slide my hand underneath her tank and caress the smooth mocha skin of her stomach, slowly creeping up. She slips her hand into the back of my shirt and rakes her nails down my back. I kiss her more fiercely, my wolf chanting at me to mate her.

However, the door opening took our attention. Standing there was my sister, her hands over her eyes.

"Are you both fully clothed?" she asks.

"Yes," I answer, sitting up. "How was your lunch with Reed today?"

She clears her throat and looks around the room, trying to think of a way to switch the topic of conversation. But I see right through it.

"What happened?" I ask.

"What did he do now?" Maia questions right after me.

"I told him I couldn't do it anymore. The pain from what he thought about me in the past is too much to handle," she says.

"El, as much as I don't like what he used to say about you, the past is the past. I don't think you should let that separate you two," I tell her.

"I don't want to be afraid of his judgment all the time."

"What happened to my strong, stubborn sister? She was proud of who she was. Where has she gone?"

She shrugs. "She met her mate and needs to impress him to keep him around."

"If he really loves you, he'll stay around no matter what," Maia speaks up.

"Can we just not talk about this? All I want is to grab my bags and go to class," she says.

She grabs a book, a notebook and her purse and takes off out of the door. I sigh and stare after her. I snap out of it when I feel Maia's hand stroke my cheek.

"Don't let it bother you. You can't control what your sister does," she tells me.

"I know, but I hate seeing her like this. Ella used to be so confident, but once she met Reed, she changed."

"She'll come around sooner or later. She is still that tough girl. She's just letting nerves get the best of her," she says. "Now, where were we?"

I smirk and crawl on top of her, beginning to kiss her again. God, I love this woman. She always knows what to do to get my mind off of something bad.

*Ella's POV*

I'm tired of people trying to run my life. Can't Eric and Maia understand my situation? I can handle my own life. There is a good reason that I'm being like this towards Reed. He has a lot of make up for. Okay, I admit, I was cruel when I said I would no longer give him his 20 days. I mean, it wouldn't be fair if I did that, would it?

As I enter the classroom, I notice the beautiful light purple carnation sitting on the desk where I usually sit. I roll my eyes. Of course he would continue this after we get into an argument.

I sit down and place my books beside me as I pick up the note. It reads:

My marvelous mate,

I cannot say in words how sorry I am for what I have done in the past. I did not mean any of it. You are everything I've ever wanted; sweet, curvaceous, beautiful, perfect. This purple carnation represents my willingness to change for you and my regret for what I've done. I am falling for you my sweet Ella. I will give you some time, so I will not be at class today. I will miss you darling.

~Reed

"Ooo, still getting flowers from Alpha Reed, huh?" a scratchy voice asks from beside me.

I turn my head to see Parker. He looks even more horrible than he did yesterday. His skin is a pale ashen color and his eyes have dark bags underneath them. He coughs and I cringe.

"Parker, why don't you sit down?" I suggest.

He shrugs me off but still pulls out a chair and sits down, sighing in relief once he's off his feet.

"How are you feeling?" I ask cautiously.

"I'm perfectly healthy. Feeling great," he says.

I narrow my eyes. "You certainly don't look like it. I think you need to go to the infirmary."

"They won't do anything Ella. They can't save me from a mate rejection. My wolf is the only one who can pull us through this."

"Well in that case, you're not surviving. Cause your wolf is weak as fuck," a bitchy voice speaks from behind us.

My head whips to see who dares insult my Beta like that. Wait, my Beta? I'm not mated to Reed yet, I'm not Luna. What am I talking about?

Janie sneers at me and plops down into the seat behind me, leaning back.

"Well, well, if it isn't Eaty Ella. Right, Parker? Isn't that what you and Reed used to call her? Perfect name considering how big she is," she snickers. "I can't imagine you sleeping with Reed. You'd crush him half to death."

"The heavier you are, the further you can bring him in," I retort. "Suck that, bitch."

"Look, I don't know who you think you are, but you are certainly not Luna right now. I am going to be Luna and you are going to watch your precious Alpha Mate drool all over another girl, feeling the pain every time we..."

"That is ENOUGH Janie," Parker huffs angrily.

"Oh, wow, the Beta finally has balls."

He is about to say something back when he erupts into a violent coughing fit. He tries to catch his breath in between coughs, but you can hear a sick gurgling sound. He sputters up blood and looks at me, his eyes going wide.

"Help! Please, somebody help!" I scream to the students and the professor.

The professor rushes up and pushes me aside. He begins trying to help Parker as I call the infirmary nurse to come down. I kneel beside Parker and hold his hand. He looks at me, blood flowing out of his mouth, trying to gasp for air. Tears flow down my cheeks as his eyes begin to flutter.

"No Parker, stay awake, please. You're going to be alright," I choke up.

"B-Be...s-s-strong," he gurgles out.

The infirmary nurse arrives at that moment and pushes me out of the way. I stand above them, desperately trying to catch a glimpse of him. I want him to know that I'm here for him. He was so good to me. At least he'll know that somebody was here for him during this now that Janie is gone out of his life.

The gurgling dies down and the room is silent. The infirmary nurse stands up, wiping her brow and looks around the room, her gaze landing on me in the end.

"I'm sorry," she says, patting me on the back.

My heart stops. Parker, my Beta, my friend, is now gone. Such a sweet soul gone. Why does this have to happen?

A wave of nausea hits me and my eyes roll to the back of my head. As I fall towards the ground, all I can hear are the laughs of Janie.

~COPYRIGHT 2013~