Chapter Twenty Two

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Reed’s POV*

It kind of freaked me out when the witches began flying overhead as we ran towards the vampire clan’s hideout. They were all giggling with one another, seeming so sweet and innocent. I scoff at myself. Yeah right! Witches were anything but sweet and innocent.

We come to a stop in front of the hideout, keeping cover in the woods. We didn’t need the clan knowing that we were planning to team up against them. That would just cause problems.

I shift back and watch as the leader begins looking around. She is sniffing obnoxiously loud and waving her hands in front of her. Seriously? Can this get anymore stereotypical? It’s like we’re in the movie Hocus Pocus and sniffing out for little children.

“The Ambrosine Tribe…” she mumbles.

“Who are they?” I wonder.

“The Ambrosine Tribe is one of the most sinister tribes that exist in this area. They use lots of dark magic,” she tells me. “They have been spoken to by the Elders about their excessive use of dark magic and every member almost got their powers stripped from them. However, at the last minute, a source came in and the Elders deemed them innocent. Clearly they aren’t as innocent as we thought they were.”

“So, if the Elders find out about them pairing up with the vampires, they can get their powers stripped of them?”

“Correct. But it takes a long process to find a witch, never mind a tribe, guilty of a supernatural crime. It would take ages to get your Luna back.”

“So what can we do right now?”

“The only solution is to fight.”

“Does that mean your tribe agrees to fight with us?”

“We agree. I suggest you train your pack. We will attack in two days,” she says and then floats up into the air.

She motions for her tribe to follow her and next thing I know, they are gone.

“Two days?” I squeak.

A hand lands on my shoulder and I whip my head to the side to see Mitch giving me a sympathetic look.

“It’ll be okay Reed. We’ll get her before you know it,” he tries to reassure me.

“Will she survive two more days?”

“You know the answer to that. Ella is strong. She can hold her own.”

I nod and turn to face my Enforcers.

“We have two days to train the pack. Are you all going to be able to succeed?” I ask.

Everybody barks in unison.

“Let’s get back,” I order.

They all howl as they take off back to the pack house. Mitch and I head in the opposite direction, back to the college. We need to get the rest of the pack and send them back to the pack house for protection.

*Janie’s POV*

I pull away from Terrence’s lips and jump out of bed when I hear barks echoing outside of the house.

“Baby, what are you doing? Get your sexy ass back in this bed,” he groans.

Staring out the window, I narrow my eyes. Why were there barks outside of the house? Was I just hearing things? When howls follow, my eyes widen. No, I definitely wasn’t hearing things. There are werewolves out there.

“Werewolves,” I hiss and turn around to face Terrence. “The fucking werewolves are onto us Terrence! Couldn’t you have picked a better hiding spot?”

He shrugs and gets out of the bed, strutting over to me fully naked. I look him up and down and lick my lips. He smirks and wraps his arms around me.

“I saw them out there yesterday and I meant to tell you, but you were looking too damn good and I forgot about everything I was going to tell you,” he admits, kissing my neck.

Anger fills my body and I push him away.

“You mean to tell me that you knew they were here and you didn’t tell me? Terrence, what were you thinking?” I practically scream.

“Baby, honestly, what can we do? They were just looking. The protective barrier was holding them back. They don’t have a chance against us.”

“I guess you’re right…”

“See?” He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls my body flush against his. “Now come back to bed.”

I smirk and latch my lips to his, kissing him fiercely. He’s so much better than Parker ever was. I can’t believe I wasted so much time with him.

*Mitch’s POV*

My mind is whirling at a hundred miles a minute. I can still smell the scent although we are long gone. The scent of my mate. My mate is in that hideout. Does this mean I’m mates with a vampire? How in the world would that work? We are enemies! I can’t fall in love with the enemy! It’s not right!

“Dude, are you okay?” Reed asks me when we get back to the college.

“Uh…yeah…” I lie.

He narrows his eyes. “Why are you lying to me?”

I sigh. “Reed, I’m not lying.”

“Do you think I’m stupid? I’m your Alpha. I can tell when you’re lying.”

“I don’t want to talk about it, alright?”

“At least tell me what it’s about. Maybe I can help you.”

“If I tell you what it’s about, it’ll give it away, so I’m not telling you anything,” I tell him. He steps closer to me and his eyes flash black. “And don’t even think about trying to use your Alpha influence on me! I have a right to privacy, you know?”

He steps back. “You’re right, I’m sorry. But when you decide you want to tell me, don’t hesitate to come to me,” he says.

“You know I will.”

“Good. Now let’s alert the pack and get them to the pack house.”

I nod and run off to get some of the pack members. We’ll need all the people we can get to fight. This fight isn’t going to be easy, but all that matters is getting the Luna back home safe in her Alpha’s arms. My mate can wait. I just pray to God that he isn’t a vampire.

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Did anyone catch onto what Mitch was saying at the end?