Chapter Twenty One

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*Reed’s POV*

I hate to admit when I’m scared, but I have to say I was scared as I approached the gigantic gothic looking house. The land around it is empty, grass nowhere in sight. The roots from surrounding trees protrude out from the ground, seeming to glow a white color. Dark clouds loom over the house making the white paint appear to be a gray color. The windows are covered in dirt and grime.

And this is why I do not associate with witches, I speak to Mitch through our link.

He chuckles. I feel you bro. Look at this place! It looks like they don’t even keep it up, he says.

I am just about to respond when the front door of the house creaks open. My Enforcers growl as a figure approaches and I silence them. We can’t disrespect a witch while on their land! They’ll put a curse on us or something.

“Why are you on our land?” a crackly voice comes from the figure as it approaches.

Mitch and I shift back, slipping on shorts that our Enforcers hand us.

The figure comes to a stop in front of us and when it peers up, I can’t help but cringe. It is a woman, although you can barely tell. Her face is wrinkled badly, piercing gold eyes staring back at me. Her mangled black hair frames her eyes, making her look even creepier.

I guess the house isn’t the only thing they don’t keep up, Mitch talks to me through our minds.

I fight the urge to laugh and turn my attention to the woman.

“I asked you a question, mutt!” she spits.

“I’m not here to cause any problems, ma’am,” I reassure her.

“Then why else would you invade my land? Why are you here? What do you want?”

“I am Alpha Reed Cummings of the Moon Shine Pack. We have come here to seek your assistance.”

 “Help a pack of mutts?” She begins cackling, making me cringe. “Why would I want to help werewolves?”

“You see, my Luna has been captured by a clan of vampires and…” I try to continue, but I am cut off.

“Vampires too? You expect me to get near those blood sucking leeches? Please! That’s double the pain! Get off of my land!”

“But…”

“Get off of my land before you regret ever coming!” she warns.

“Another witch tribe is working with the vampires!” I blurt out quickly.

She pauses, shocked. I know the supernatural laws. Witches are never to associate themselves with vampires as hundreds of years ago there was a violent war amongst them.

“No witch tribe in their right minds would work with a clan of vampires. Every witch knows the supernatural law. What proof do you have that a tribe is teaming up with vampires?” she questions suspiciously.

Mitch steps forward to explain. “From the moment we noticed the Luna was gone, we knew there was something strange going on. The scent of the vampires was there but it seemed to be covered up, like someone was masking it. There was also another lingering scent that we could not put our fingers on. When we tracked the Luna’s scent, that same one was mixed into it. Once we found the clan’s hideout and tried to approach, we were immediately thrown backwards. There was a protective barrier over the entire house. That’s when we figured out that there were witches involved,” he explains.

The woman strokes her chin, deep in thought. “You must show me this hide out. I will be able to tell which tribe is working with those blood sucking leeches,” she says.

“Of course!” I exclaim. “And your name?”

“For me to know and for you to never find out,” she replies. “Ladies! You must come at once!”

Women flood out of the house. Some of them look like the woman in front of us but others are absolutely stunningly beautiful. Beautiful, but dangerous. If you mess around with a witch, you’re asking for trouble.

Do not let them distract you, I instruct my pack. Remember why you are here. To find your Luna.

Yes Alpha, their voices echo through my head.

“Lead the way, mutt,” the woman orders me.

I growl. “If we are going to be working together, you will show me a bit of respect,” I demand.

“Who said I was working with you? We’ll see if you’re worthy of working with once you lead me to this hideout.”

I huff angrily and shift into my wolf. Mitch does the same and we begin to lead the way to the hideout. Hopefully this clan agrees to walk with us because if they don’t, we’re screwed.

*Ella’s POV*

“Wakey, wakey, mutts!” Janie’s annoying voice goes right through me.

I growl as I sit up to face her. Why must she come in here and disturb my sleep?

“Have a good night of sleep? No? Well, I don’t really care!” she hisses and then approaches me. “It’s time for your dinner.”

“But I’m not hungry,” I lie.

I just don’t want to be fed whatever she’s going to give me. I can feel my wolf starting to show herself in my mind and if she gives me that nasty concoction then she’s going to be gone again and I’ll never have a chance of getting out of here!

She saunters up to me and holds the cup up to my lips.

“You will eat,” she commands.

I zip my lips shut as tight as I can, resisting her pushing. She pulls my hair and I close my eyes, feeling the pain of my roots ripping out. Trying not to scream, I keep my lips shut.

“That’s it bitch!” she screeches and bites into my neck.

I open my mouth to let out a scream, but the disgusting chunky liquid pours into my mouth. I try to spit it out, but it’s no use. I can feel my wolf fading away and before too long, all the liquid is forced down my throat and I feel like a human again.

Janie pulls her teeth from my neck and licks her lips.

“That’s what you get. You’ll learn…if you even make it another day,” she laughs evilly.

I gulp and watch as she goes over to Deacon. He is screaming with his mouth closed, attempting to get away from the nasty drink. It was to no avail. She did the same thing to him as she did to me and forced it down his throat. She left the room immediately after, leaving us in silence.

“Do you think she’s going to try to kill me, Deacon?” I practically whisper.

“I won’t let her,” he says, determined.

“You can’t stop her! You’re chained to the floor and you’re practically human!”

“It’s my duty to protect you Ella,” he responds. “Starting now, I will consider you to be my Luna. And I will do anything to protect you.”

Tears sprang to my eyes. I just met him and he’s already so dedicated to me. I just wish we met under better circumstances.

“And I have always considered you a member of my pack,” I say back.

A smile breaks out on his face. “Thank you. You have no idea what it feels like to finally be accepted after being pushed away for so long.”

“I do understand what it feels like because I, myself, was an outcast when I was younger. And I’m glad that you finally have the chance to feel a sense of acceptance.”

“You were an outcast?” His voice went up an octave.

“That’s a story for another day. For now, I still need rest. Let’s get back to sleep.”

~COPYRIGHT 2013~