Chapter Twenty Eight

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

Recap:

*Mitch’s POV*

I just finish killing a vampire when I see it. My Alpha is pinned to the ground by Janie, getting the life sucked out of him. I can feel his link in my mind fading away as he comes closer and closer to death.

I bound over and jump on top of Janie, putting my mouth around her neck. I bite down and her head goes flying, landing right in front of Reed’s face. Good, the bitch is now dead.

Alpha, are you okay? I ask through the pack link.

His wolf body slumps and his eyes close. What scares me is when he changes back into his human form. That only happens when someone is…DEAD?!? IS REED DEAD?!?

I shift back to my human form and scream desperately for someone to help, beginning CPR. I can hear my heart pounding in my ears and feel it pounding in my chest as fear fills me. Please don’t let the Alpha be dead. Please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Ella’s POV*

I am speaking to Deacon when I feel a sharp pain in my chest. I immediately stop speaking and grab my chest. What the heck is this pain I feel? I can hear as my heart monitor begins to beep rapidly. Some of the nurses run into the room and peak at my monitor.

“Miss Marcelle, what is going on here?” one of the nurses asks.

“I don’t know. My heart, it…hurts,” I say, confused. I gasp as another sharp pain hits me. The heart monitor beeps louder and more frequently. “What’s going on? Why am I in pain? Why is my heart monitor going crazy?”

Another one of them comes over to me and takes my vitals. My oxygen is good, my blood pressure is amazing, but the one thing that is off is my heart rate. There is no explanation for it.

They look at one another at that moment and a sad look appears on their faces. They look back at me and each lay a hand on my body.

“I’m sorry Luna,” one of them speaks giving me a sympathetic look.

“Sorry? What, why? Why are you sorry?” I question frantically. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry to say this Luna, but the Alpha is dying,” another answers.

My heart stops and tears rush to my eyes. The pain in my heart becomes stronger and I am overwhelmed by emotions. I begin to sob into my hands, thinking of everything I haven’t done with my mate. And now he’s dead?

“Oh, Ella,” Deacon coos, wrapping his arms around me. “It’s going to be alright.”

My response is only to sob harder.

*Mitch’s POV*

The battle continues as we continue to work on Reed. The witches have put a protective spell over our bodies. The pack doctor loads Reed up onto a stretcher and instructs me to continue CPR while he runs us to the small area where he has his equipment set up.

Tears leak down my cheeks as I continue compressions. We’ve already lost Parker. We can’t lose Reed. He just found his mate. I can’t imagine what she’s going to feel if he doesn’t make it.

“Back away Mitch,” Dr. Chase orders me.

I pull my hands away and watch as he attaches the defibrillator to Reed’s chest. He presses the button and his body arches up a bit. Dr. Chase feels his neck.