Chapter Twenty Four

~COPYRIGHT 2013~

*The Next Day - Eric's POV*

"Again!" the Enforcer growls at Maia.

She is on the ground, whimpering, obviously in pain. She grits her teeth as she gets up. That's it. I'm not taking this.

I storm up to the Enforcer and push him.

"She's a female! Do you need to handle her so roughly?" I yell.

"She'll never learn if she doesn't feel what it likes to be beat," he says. "Besides, stay out of it. You're a new Enforcer. You have no right to judge the way I do things around here."

"He may be new but he's right," a voice speaks behind me.

I turn around and smirk when I see Reed. Oh, this guy is going to get it good!

"You don't train females the way you train the males. They are capable of the same skills but they don't have as much muscle and skin as us. They can't take the blows like we can," Reed scolds. "I want you to go help train the others. I will find someone else to train her."

Maia comes to my side and buries her face in my neck. Reed approaches and lays a hand on her shoulder.

"Maia, you have nothing to be embarrassed about," he reassures her. "I will find someone who will train you right. You won't be able to fight if you're sore from training so what he was doing was foolish."

"Yes Alpha," she mumbles into my neck.

He chuckles. "Well, get to it then! We're going tomorrow!"

After he walks away, she takes her head out of my neck and huffs angrily, stomping her foot. I smile. She's too adorable.

"Why do I even have to learn to fight? The females are staying at the pack house with the children anyways!" she exclaims.

"Because if worse comes to worse and they attack here, you'll need to know how to fight for your life," I tell her and kiss her forehead.

"Fine," she sighs and pulls away from me.

I slap her ass. "Well get to it then!" I mock Reed.

She glares at me and sways her hips from side to side as she walks away, teasing me. I groan and hear her giggle in my head.

Get to training, big boy, she says in my head.

I roll my eyes and go back to training.

*Reed’s POV*

After dealing with Billy and his harsh attitude, I head over to watch the others train. I need to make sure everyone is prepared for this war because no one knows how it’s going to go. It’s been years since the vampires and witches have fought one another, never mind worked together on one side. I’m just worried about losing my pack members. Nobody deserves to die, but I guess sometimes you need to sacrifice for your pack, for your family.

“Good job boys. Just remember to never keep yourself open for an attack,” I compliment some of my pack members.

“Thanks Alpha!” they acknowledge me and get back to work.

I circle around the group observing until one of my Enforcers comes running out of breath, my Enforcer whom I had put on territory patrol.

“Alpha, you need to hurry!” he gasps. “East side of the territory! It’s the Luna and she’s with a male!”

I growl and shift instantly, running to the East side of the territory. I can hear my pack changing as well and following me. When I reach the line, I see my mate sitting on the ground naked, battered, bruised and bloody. Sitting beside her is a naked male. I growl at him, causing him to flinch and move back. Yeah, that’s right! You get the hell away from my mate! No unmated male is to be near her! I shift back and approach growling, warning the male off. I don’t care who he is, he is going nowhere near my mate again.